The iphone 4 is a cool device with a ton of cool features, but i don't really like it as a phone. It seems like more of a toy to me but that's just my opinion. I'd rather keep my BB and get an ipad on the side.
    07-13-10 01:22 AM
    True, but everyone I know with an iPhone 4 loves it and has no problems with it whatsoever.
    Don't know where u live, but here in san jose, everyone we know with an iPhone HATES the dropped calls. What good is decent hardware (something I won't concede to, at this point, given all the issues with the i4--proximity sensor, reception, etc.) if it's tied to a subpar carrier??
    07-13-10 01:48 AM
    So is it true that behind every apple or at&t stores, they have a signal booster hidden? so when u test out the Gspot of ip4 signal will remain high as ever!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 05:41 AM
    I heard some stores were offering an additional 50% tape
    No wonder they are running short! Steve said Rim phones also have antenna or signal issue, I took his advice and tape my storm2 all round! Signal indeed is better and improving! Wow! I feel like my storm2 is almost 4g now especially with the iphone theme installed.

Okies time for dinner! Have fun!

07-13-10 06:15 AM
    For the Storm, I've yet to see a solution from RIM to improve on the issues that plagued the phone. Storm2 is ok but it still has it's fair share of issues.
    What are these issues you speak of?
    07-13-10 06:24 AM
    True, but everyone I know with an iPhone 4 loves it and has no problems with it whatsoever.
    And they make up the "ENTIRE" population of Iphone 4 users right?
    07-13-10 06:41 AM
    No, it's testimony to how great Apple marketing is.
    EXACTLY! Brand loyality with Apple products is tremendous; of course we have some pretty loyal people at BlackBerry as well - sometimes it blinds everbody's reality.
    07-13-10 07:11 AM
    What are these issues you speak of?
    I shouldn't have to name them because I know you know them right off the bat, but just to humor you:

1. Problem with parts of phone not clicking
    2. Parts of phone doing multiple clicks
    3. When typing, for some reason it'll hit a letter clear across on the other side without touching it? This one was always weird.
    4. Constantly fails to play videos
    5. Requires multiple battery pulls

List goes on. Never had these problems with my Curve. That's why I think I'll dump the Storm when my 2 years is up. Way too much hassle and no OS update is going to fix these problems.

And I'm not saying my friends represent the world. Don't have to be so defensive. I'm not personally attacking you. I believe that while many phones have their issues I can tell there are many that work the way they should. And I'd rather have a bumper on my phone and be done with the problem than be riddled with issues that can't ever be resolved.
    Last edited by DMR6186; 07-13-10 at 07:30 AM.
    07-13-10 07:28 AM
    Why is this posted here? This is just as bad as the blackberry bashing posts. Wtf.

07-13-10 08:02 AM
    I shouldn't have to name them because I know you know them right off the bat, but just to humor you:

3. When typing, for some reason it'll hit a letter clear across on the other side without touching it? This one was always weird.

List goes on. Never had these problems with my Curve. That's why I think I'll dump the Storm when my 2 years is up. Way too much hassle and no OS update is going to fix these problems.

And I'm not saying my friends represent the world. Don't have to be so defensive. I'm not personally attacking you. I believe that while many phones have their issues I can tell there are many that work the way they should. And I'd rather have a bumper on my phone and be done with the problem than be riddled with issues that can't ever be resolved.
    First off, the main reason iPhone is being knocked is Apple presents it as a perfect phone and continues to deny the issues. Here are their typical excuses: reception problems? You are not holding it right. Wait it is a signal calculation error. Oh no, it is AT&T poor network. And the proximity problems? You are using it near a window or well lit room, etc. Well, you get the idea. Second, the device has a DESIGN flaw and for a company that prides itself for making the best, that is HUGE. There is no ifs or buts about it even though it may as well be one of the best phones available.

Granted that no phone is perfect and the original Storm had its fair share of issues. RIM never (to the best of my knowledge) gave such ridiculous excuses.

Comparing original Storm (2008) to current iPhone 4 (2010) is unfair. Mobile technology has been advancing in faster rate than you can keep up. But for the problem you listed:
    1-3: Your phone may be defective. I will change it if I were you. Or better get a Storm 2. It has none of those issues.
    4. Make sure you have the right video format. Each device have formats they support. For instance, while Storm can play MPEG4 and WMV formats, the iPhone 4 cannot.
    5.Storm 2 does not except on Software updates or new App installation (most devices do this, not a BB OS issue).
    07-13-10 08:13 AM
    Why is this posted here? This is just as bad as the blackberry bashing posts. Wtf.

+1
    This thread should be moved to the appropriate forum!
    07-13-10 09:47 AM
    "Tests were conducted in a room designed to eliminate radio- frequency interference, he said. The results showed that when a user covers the lower-left side gap, where two pieces of the external antenna meet, the loss of signal strength may cause the iPhone 4 to drop calls in areas where AT&T Inc.�s network coverage is weak."

Isn't that EVERYWHERE with AT&T?
    Not according to Luke Wilson. BTW, he's been suspiciously quiet on that subject lately.
    07-13-10 10:04 AM

You claim that you listed those 5 issues to humor another member. Plus you claim he should be aware of those issues. that's hilarious. I don't have ANY of the 5 issues you just listed.

My storm needs no bumper, need not be held in any particular fashion, NEVER misses or loses a call, and has NO unresolved issues. None. Nada. Zilch. Hope I made myself clear.
    07-13-10 03:19 PM
    You claim that you listed those 5 issues to humor another member. Plus you claim he should be aware of those issues. that's hilarious. I don't have ANY of the 5 issues you just listed.

My storm needs no bumper, need not be held in any particular fashion, NEVER misses or loses a call, and has NO unresolved issues. None. Nada. Zilch. Hope I made myself clear.
    Good for you Dave, but there are others who have and still have a few problems with their Storm. My Storm has never been a problem for me, just like my iPhone has not been a problem for me (yes, I have a CaseMate, by preference). So what is your point.
    07-13-10 03:40 PM
    My little brother just got a new iPhone 4 and he let me try it. I hold my phone in my left hand to talk, the antenae (sic) for the iPhone nestles directly in the palm of my hand. You could watch the bars dropping as the call clicked off.
    07-13-10 03:45 PM
    07-15-10 02:44 PM
    Good for you Dave, but there are others who have and still have a few problems with their Storm. My Storm has never been a problem for me, just like my iPhone has not been a problem for me (yes, I have a CaseMate, by preference). So what is your point.
    My point was mentioned at the top of my previous post. Go back and re-read to figure out what my point was.

In case your brain is not functioning well today, I'll spell it out for you: The poster wrote, "I shouldn't have to name them because I know you know them right off the bat, but just to humor you:" To which I replied (in essence) that the recipient of his comments didn't necessarily have ANY of the faults the poster just enumerated.
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-15-10 at 02:48 PM.
    07-15-10 02:46 PM
    This is absolutely hilarious!!! but where 2 millions is concern, thats a lot of votes?

US Senator Hammers iPhone 4 Antenna Problem In Letter to Steve Jobs
    07-15-10 02:49 PM
    This is absolutely hilarious!!! but where 2 millions is concern, thats a lot of votes?

US Senator Hammers iPhone 4 Antenna Problem In Letter to Steve Jobs
    He said pretty much what many customers want apple to do (but with Steve Jobs at the helm, it's tough for Apple to do the right thing because he is not only a control freak, but he is also dismissive of others ideas. If a thought doesn't come directly from the springboard of his mind, he's not interested. he will never capitulate. just watch, tomorrow)
    07-15-10 03:11 PM
    He said pretty much what many customers want apple to do (but with Steve Jobs at the helm, it's tough for Apple to do the right thing because he is not only a control freak, but he is also dismissive of others ideas. If a thought doesn't come directly from the springboard of his mind, he's not interested. he will never capitulate. just watch, tomorrow)
    I have my popcorn and I will be watching.

It would have been better to have someone else outside Steve Jobs address the press conference tomorrow.
    07-16-10 04:25 AM
    Wall Street Journal reported on the Morning Read (Audible) this morning Apple engineers knew about the antenna problems but their beloved leader (Jobs) overrode them because he liked the design.

Will the Apple board ever dump that fool?
    It's always about form over function for Apple. Well, that's not entirely true: Function just costs extra. I'm sure they'd allow a user replaceable battery if it weren't for aesthetics (making the unit slimmer) and the fact that they could make a buck off their replacement service.
    07-16-10 07:25 AM
    The whole Apple press conference is a joke. I thought RIM recent conference was lame but Apple is more lame. And they dare to use other smart phone as example of their unique "death grip" issue. Did they hire the guy who sing the fanboy song? Beating around the bushes without answering some of the questions but keep saying they love the consumer and now bribing the consumer with a free bumper and rebate or refund. Best of all denying all the earlier statements and ignoring the fact about the fix or update they promised.

I really love apple in some ways. I hope they continue to give out the free bumper forever till ip4 come to EOL. Wahahaha.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-16-10 at 03:05 PM.
    07-16-10 03:02 PM
    LOL!!! I KNEW Jobs wouldn't issue a recall. just free bumpers. I know that guy too well.
    07-16-10 04:42 PM
    Steve Jobs has made a lot of money for Apple since taking over as CEO but of late he has been coming across as a jackass. He claims that EVERY phone has the antenna attenuation issue with certain grip. Audaciously mentioned BB 9700, HTC Eris and HTC HD2 to prove his point (although there were no videos, just slides). I have tried to grab my S2 in all kinds of manner but couldn't find the 'the Spot'.
    07-16-10 08:44 PM
    Read a post from engaget. Interestingly, nokia is the only phone maker with "balls" to make a statement with hidden agenda to laugh at apple claim that all phones have antenna issue. Nokia said they are a connecting people company and if to make a choice between phone design and antenna, they prefer giving consumer a phone without reception problem!

I wonder if rim, samsung, htc, motor and etc will make any statement on their phone antenna design?

Its no wonder that nokia is still world no.1 most own mobile phone.

07-16-10 10:06 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD