I know it has been beaten to death here but here is your proof.
    Apple’s IPhone 4 Fails to Get Consumer Reports Recommendation - BusinessWeek
    07-12-10 03:29 PM
    Yeah, saw the same thing here...
    MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories

The ip4 is good, but no phone is perfect.
    07-12-10 03:42 PM
    In the Apple forums, there are some diehard (naive) fanbois who STILL CLING TO THE BELIEF that a s/w update will fix the antenna issues. Earth to fanbois: " No software can get around the fundamental and monumental SCREW UP in engineering that Apple bestowed on the now-infamous iPhone 4. "
    07-12-10 04:02 PM
    In the Apple forums, there are some diehard (naive) fanbois who STILL CLING TO THE BELIEF that a s/w update will fix the antenna issues. Earth to fanbois: " No software can get around the fundamental and monumental SCREW UP in engineering that Apple bestowed on the now-infamous iPhone 4. "
    Now that's some funny ****e...
    07-12-10 04:07 PM
    Is there a reason this in the Storm 2 forum? Here's a thread in the proper forum, a poll too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/con...isions-494728/
    07-12-10 04:08 PM
    Now that's some funny ****e...
    I offered my non professional, non expert opinion early on the first huge thread at Apple's forums when the antenna issues first came to light. It was kinda funny how there were/are two camps of thought. One, like mine, has maintained steadfastly that no amount of s/w trickery can overcome the external, touchable-antenna reception issue. The other, dreamily believes Apple's PR nonsense that a s/w update will fix the problem with reception. I've still got some bridges here and there to sell those folks. why they don't just take the fool phones back for refund is beyond me. (Not that many wiser folks didn't do just that already).

Apple panicked at all the anger directed towards them over the issue, and deleted countless posts in the antenna issue threads.
    07-12-10 04:12 PM

Apple panicked at all the anger directed towards them over the issue, and deleted countless posts in the antenna issue threads.
    Why Apple continues to pretend as if this problem is not real is beyond me. At the barest minimum, the 'bumper' should have been included for free.
    07-12-10 04:59 PM
    I offered my non professional, non expert opinion early on the first huge thread at Apple's forums when the antenna issues first came to light. It was kinda funny how there were/are two camps of thought. One, like mine, has maintained steadfastly that no amount of s/w trickery can overcome the external, touchable-antenna reception issue. The other, dreamily believes Apple's PR nonsense that a s/w update will fix the problem with reception. I've still got some bridges here and there to sell those folks. why they don't just take the fool phones back for refund is beyond me. (Not that many wiser folks didn't do just that already).

I hear ya, got a friend who's a "jobs" disciple and he lives and breathes apple and he's stuck in the dreamstate as well that a software update is gonna fix, he even posted on Facebook that he didn't see what all the fuss was about, just get a bumper and wala, problem solved was his exact quote, course I commented to him that if he thinks a software update is gonna fix it, then could he come by this weekend to go over some "stocks" I wanted to sell him. Of course I had to add that his posting on FB was spoken like a "true disciple", think I pissed him off a bit, but I don't care. If he wants to live in an "wormy Apple core" then go ahead.
    07-12-10 05:34 PM
    Apple thinks the media will roll over for them. Finding out it may not.
    07-12-10 06:20 PM
    "Tests were conducted in a room designed to eliminate radio- frequency interference, he said. The results showed that when a user covers the lower-left side gap, where two pieces of the external antenna meet, the loss of signal strength may cause the iPhone 4 to drop calls in areas where AT&T Inc.�s network coverage is weak."

Isn't that EVERYWHERE with AT&T?
    07-12-10 06:27 PM
    Wait for Apple stock to fall and buy on first rebound...
    07-12-10 06:29 PM
    Guys ... remember Storm history. To some, and the majority of newspapers and web sites, the Storm sucked. But never to me. It had some burps, but still pretty good. So the iPhone if handled without a case, has antenna issues. Yup. I haven't noticed it because I had a case since the moment I got it. Big deal. Works great.
    Yes Dave. You have been expounding how terrible the iPhone is all along. This builds your manhood I guess. The iPhone is just a phone. Great display, pretty good apps, and a wonderful interface. I like it, just like I have and still like the Storm.
    Now if you guys that are bashing the iPhone really want to go up against a competitor, try going up against the Droid, especially the X. The Storm has already lost against the iPhone (in sales numbers). Just look at this forum, not near what it was a year ago.
    07-12-10 07:04 PM
    Doesn't really matter if it has a design flaw. There's a way around it with the bumper, and that's enough to make the phone good to use. No big deal. People want to pounce on the competitor whenever they can.

The fact that the iPhone 4 is still selling strong despite the design flaw is a testimony to how great of a product it is, unlike the Storm 1 where people were left in the mud. We all know how that turned out. It basically killed the Storm series line for RIM. But the flaw the iPhone has won't change how people view Apple because we all know this problem will be fixed with the next installment. So quit bashing a good product.
    Last edited by DMR6186; 07-12-10 at 07:47 PM.
    07-12-10 07:43 PM
    ...The fact that the iPhone 4 is still selling strong despite the design flaw is a testimony to how great of a product it is...
    No, it's testimony to how great Apple marketing is.
    07-12-10 07:51 PM
    No, it's testimony to how great Apple marketing is.
    True, but everyone I know with an iPhone 4 loves it and has no problems with it whatsoever.
    07-12-10 07:52 PM
    True, but everyone I know with an iPhone 4 loves it and has no problems with it whatsoever.
    See my first post... "The ip4 is good, but no phone is perfect."
    Your friends are lucky, there are lots of people having problems with reception and screens.

I like Apple (typing this on a Mac) I tried the iphone, I like BB better.
    07-12-10 08:01 PM
    It doesn't matter. Apple can do no wrong in the eyes of their followers. Perception is reality. True story.
    07-12-10 08:02 PM
    Doesn't really matter if it has a design flaw. There's a way around it with the bumper, and that's enough to make the phone good to use. No big deal. People want to pounce on the competitor whenever they can.

The fact that the iPhone 4 is still selling strong despite the design flaw is a testimony to how great of a product it is, unlike the Storm 1 where people were left in the mud. We all know how that turned out. It basically killed the Storm series line for RIM. But the flaw the iPhone has won't change how people view Apple because we all know this problem will be fixed with the next installment. So quit bashing a good product.
    It is a big deal, actually. You should not HAVE to put one of those ugly azz bumpers on for the antennas to work properly. If Apple weren't so cheap they would simply come up with a fixed antenna that has a coating already on it (or something) and then recall the phones for repair or replacement.

And I an NOT saying that RIM handles things well...lol! I mean, yeah, the Storm 1 and Tour were disasters and RIM should have taken care of those owners.
    07-12-10 08:10 PM
    Well the marketing has to be great. This is at least the 5th thread in the Storm forum knocking the iPhone and it hasn't been out a month!
    07-12-10 08:43 PM
    Well the marketing has to be great. This is at least the 5th thread in the Storm forum knocking the iPhone and it hasn't been out a month!
    As good hosts, we feel the need to include all the iphone owners that still read this forum daily.
    07-12-10 09:15 PM
    Please...apple or apple users will say their reports is bias. Just look at gizmodo, buying a "stolen" ip4 and posting all problems of ip4 causes so much hoohaa and pp just can't accept their findings and review and comments.
    07-12-10 10:41 PM
    It is a big deal, actually. You should not HAVE to put one of those ugly azz bumpers on for the antennas to work properly. If Apple weren't so cheap they would simply come up with a fixed antenna that has a coating already on it (or something) and then recall the phones for repair or replacement.

And I an NOT saying that RIM handles things well...lol! I mean, yeah, the Storm 1 and Tour were disasters and RIM should have taken care of those owners.
    It is and it isn't a big deal. Yeah it's ugly but atleast there is an actual solution to the problem. For the Storm, I've yet to see a solution from RIM to improve on the issues that plagued the phone. Storm2 is ok but it still has it's fair share of issues. The only gripe I have is, is that the company that boasts about their products doesn't make up for any of the problems that came with the phone. There's no solutions to the problems. That's the beef I have with BBs anymore. I just feel that if I buy another BB I have to just hope for the best. That just doesn't sound right considering how much these things cost. I know I find that behavior to be pretty disheartening . I just wish my S2 would work just as well as my Curve did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 11:23 PM
    Yeah a bumper is an easy solution but the fact is they aren't free and not everyone wants to put one on their phone. I hate having covers or cases on my phones and the only thing I own is a holster. So those people who like the look of a naked phone are the ones hurting. And no RIMs not perfect either but were talking about the iPhone here.

07-12-10 11:55 PM
    Breaking news! Apple is asking all ip4 owners to head down apple store to resolve the antenna issue for free! Those who don't live near apple store can also go AT&T to get their ip4 fix up!

How they fix? Every ip4 is entitle up to 4cm of apple duct tape. Wahahah. Have a nice day!

07-13-10 12:37 AM
    I heard some stores were offering an additional 50% tape
    07-13-10 01:11 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD