I installed .148 on my Storm, but I didn't delete the vendor.xml file. My reasoning is that I followed the steps in the guide that is sticked on the top of the page because it said that if you are not on Verizon, you shouldn't delete it. Seeing as how I'm on Verizon, I thought this made sense. Did I do something wrong?
    05-20-09 09:23 PM
    No, from what Ive read if your on verizon and the leak is for vzw, then you dont need to delete it. Only if it comes from another carrier..
    05-20-09 09:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you only need to delete the vendor.xml file when it's an official OS for a specific carrier. I don't think it's necessary to delete it for leaked OS' since they haven't really been assigned to a carrier yet.
    05-20-09 09:27 PM
    Okay, good, I was getting worried. Well, then, I'll continue to enjoy .148!

Thanks!
    05-20-09 09:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you only need to delete the vendor.xml file when it's an official OS for a specific carrier. I don't think it's necessary to delete it for leaked OS' since they haven't really been assigned to a carrier yet.
    Some of the leaks are, others not so much. Most of the 9530 leaks are for VZW testing anyway so it won't matter that often for us unless we're installing the official Telus/Bell updates or something.
    05-20-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD