I was thinking about using the VCast Rhapsody due to the convenience of downloading OTA. Does anyone have any experience with quality of this? Is it a worthwhile service to have? Does the $15 per month give you truly unlimited downloads, or do they still try to charge you for individual songs occasionally? How's the music selection?
    05-12-09 08:05 PM
    There is tons of music but the $15 unlimited music part is only when downloaded to computer then sync with phone. If you download ota you are buying a drm free version and pay per song

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 09:01 PM
    It is not worth $15 a month. NOT EVEN CLOSE to that.
    05-12-09 09:05 PM
    Rhapsody is a joke! dont waste your money.
    05-12-09 09:31 PM
    Not worth it at all. I haven't paid for a single piece of music in over 10 years.

05-12-09 09:38 PM
    I have it and actually find it to be a great application. So long as you actually use it, I think it is worth the $15. I mean, if your not burning music (like everyone and their brother), then it's a great way of accessing literally all music without buying CD's which are too pricey for me.

One really cool thing I like about it is the ability to use other people's playlists, which saves me time of having to search for music if I don't feel like it. I can just click their playlist, and download it (and there is hundreds of thousands of them).

Plus, it's not like your contracted to it, so give it a go. If you don't like, you can take it back off your account.
    Last edited by xtremegsr; 05-12-09 at 09:44 PM.
    05-12-09 09:42 PM
    Can you play the music on your pc as well?
    05-13-09 02:52 PM
    Not worth it at all. I haven't paid for a single piece of music in over 10 years.

Love this mind-set. I'm assuming you "steal" it then, otherwise you just don't listen to music.
    05-13-09 02:55 PM
    I really enjoy it and yes you can listen to it on your computer. You can use it on three computers and three mobile devices so if you know someone else with vcast you can split the bill.only thing hate is having to sync every month

05-13-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD