seems to me that the new version isn't that far ahead of the current one. can that little of a bump in the revision make that big of a difference?

v4.7.0.65 to v4.7.0.82 doesn't seem like that big of a jump in terms of revision #'s. I'm not all to familiar with RIM's upgrade techniques, but a jump from v4.7.0.65 to say v4.7.1.65 or v4.7.2.65 seems like it would contain a lot more impacting enhancements than this seemingly minor update.

thoughts?

FYI, I've played with the device at several stores so far, and am really really pleased. i don't think it needs "salvation", just a few tweaks like notification when you have actually clicked on something and an option to remove the transition effects if desired. i didn't expect it to be a gangbuster right out of the gates, perfect OS and all. i love the direction RIM is moving with the storm. i hope mine ships soon.
    11-22-08 08:29 AM
    There has yet to be the update to 0.82. All of the phones out have 0.65.
    11-22-08 08:35 AM
    There has yet to be the update to 0.82. All of the phones out have 0.65.
    yeah, thanks, i know that, but my point was (if you had read my entire post) that this seemingly minor update can't make that big of a difference. from all the posts and blogs i have read, they seem to think that the 0.82 updates is the cure all for the storms "woes".
    11-22-08 08:47 AM
    If it does turn out to be a .17 jump in the OS version that is pretty big fr RIM as the 4.5 betas were rolling out they were jumping about 10 points each time....BUT we all must remember that .65 IS the OS
    11-22-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD