Is there any way to uXM for iPhone to install and work on the storm? i downloaded the app and unzipped but i don't know what to do from there. any ideas? I think this is what we did with the youtube app until the released it recently for the storm.
    Last edited by JosephRuff; 12-23-08 at 04:12 PM.
    12-23-08 04:05 PM
    Apps written for the iPhone platform will not work on a Storm platform. Ever wonder why Macs can't run everything that a PC can? Yeah, this is why...
    12-23-08 04:07 PM
    if its written for a mac why would it work for a storm. thats like trying to put a ford intake on a chevy motor. wont work.
    12-23-08 04:10 PM
    Is there any way to uXM for iPhone to install and work on the storm? i downloaded the app and unzipped but i don't know what to do from there. any ideas?
    oranges equal oranges
    grapes equal grapes
    oranges not equal grapes
    square peg will not fit into round hole
    uX equal iphone
    uXM not equal to storm
    12-23-08 04:11 PM
    Wow.... thanks for the obvious replies, but if memory serves me when we got the youtube app before it was "officially" released it was the iphone version or maybe i'm mistaken and it was for the 9500? i dunno but if it was for the iphone why would i be so out of the box on this question?
    12-23-08 04:14 PM
    iPhone apps are writting in objC where storm apps are wirtten in Java
    12-23-08 04:17 PM
    Although if someone could create an app in java to run objC apps...hmm.

I've never coded anything in objC so I'm not sure if it's even possible
    12-23-08 04:18 PM
    maybe i'm mistaken and it was for the 9500?
    this. ^^^^^^
    12-23-08 04:21 PM
    heh well why can't we code a program like uXM in java instead of having to do all this orb crap.... not a huge fan of having to add channels and change channels when the service changes (which i know isn't often, but still it happens) plus it would be nice to just an app that is available without having to use the browser.
    12-23-08 04:29 PM
    Although if someone could create an app in java to run objC apps...hmm.

I've never coded anything in objC so I'm not sure if it's even possible
    I dunno, if you could do this, then potentially you could run any iPhone app on a Storm and that would be somethin' else.
    12-23-08 04:33 PM
    You may or may not know that there is a dedicated XM radio app for BlackBerry. Unfortunately, when I called XM today to inquire they were clueless and only pointed me back to the site. I wanted to know if they give a discount if you already have another XM radio, they said no.
    go to xmradio-dot-com and then navigate to /mobile/blackberry.xmc
    Unfortunately, they only have a 24 hour demo.
    12-23-08 04:34 PM
    I dunno, if you could do this, then potentially you could run any iPhone app on a Storm and that would be somethin' else.
    Yeah, it wouldn't be a simple task at all. You would have to pretty much reinvent the wheel but I'm 90% sure it can be done. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It would take so many man hours to create but in the end you know how many people would buy it if it supported iPhone apps.
    12-23-08 04:35 PM
    the quality of that app sucks....its low bandwidth and doesn't allow all the channels....plus i already spend 25bucks with all my xm subs, i don't want another 6.99 for garbage quality and little to no channels i listen to. heh. wish i could code in java.
    12-23-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD