So I got my storm yesterday and one of the first things I tried was getting uSirius to work.

With my desktop I can simply open up the url: htt*://hostname:19080/asx/asx?bandwidth=low&num=100&r=blah

from a remote PCs browser directly and the stream plays in WMP w/o a problem.

If I open this stream from my Storm browser, it goes to the media player and just stays on loading forever, nothing every plays.

Everything works fine if I go to the stream from Orb, but I'd like to be able to bookmark specific channels so I can just open them directly. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!
    01-30-09 07:58 AM
    Within Orb on your computer, you can add favorites with the uSirius stream for each channel. Then when you visit Orb from the phone, you can click on favorites and pick your channels
    01-30-09 08:32 AM
    Within Orb on your computer, you can add favorites with the uSirius stream for each channel. Then when you visit Orb from the phone, you can click on favorites and pick your channels
    Yea, I've done that, but it's kind of difficult to click the small links, so what I was hoping for is that I could just bookmark the stream directly, and when I open that it would just play the stream.

I also tried bookmarking the stream directly from the media player (after Orb launched it), and during my browser session, everything worked but when I tried it this morning I had to go back through Orb... So the Orb stream must use some sort of session variables in it's link.
    Last edited by browerjs; 01-30-09 at 08:49 AM.
    01-30-09 08:46 AM
    I really hope an app comes out for the storm that just lets me stream sirius on my storm without having to have an app on my pc to do it.
    01-30-09 08:49 AM
    There is a product being worked on across WinMo, Iphone and Blackberry to stream Sirius to your phone. Its called Starplayr. Id post links but I dont have 10 posts yet.

If you go to the forums (geektoolbox) there is a post regarding the developer working on the blackberry client.
    I cant wait for this.
    01-30-09 08:53 AM
    There is a product being worked on across WinMo, Iphone and Blackberry to stream Sirius to your phone. Its called Starplayr. Id post links but I dont have 10 posts yet.

If you go to the forums (geektoolbox) there is a post regarding the developer working on the blackberry client.
    I cant wait for this.
    The developer of this app was on Howard yesterday talking about the iPhone release that they are hoping to go live this weekend. He did mention Blackberry development, among others.
    01-30-09 08:58 AM
    The developer of this app was on Howard yesterday talking about the iPhone release that they are hoping to go live this weekend. He did mention Blackberry development, among others.
    I heard that too, there was quite a bit of smartphone discussion on yesterdays show. Actually over the past month there has been a lot of talk about them, a lot about the guys bragging about their iphones there and saying how they are better than the BB, Bababooey seemed to jump in quite a bit and defend the BB, I remember him even saying he has Slingplayer on it, so he must be keeping up to date on this stuff.

StarPlayr Sirius XM Radio Clients Powered by StreamSmart is the site btw.
    01-30-09 08:07 PM
    but no support for BB with this app.....pretty sad
    02-05-09 12:39 PM
    I also tried bookmarking the stream directly from the media player (after Orb launched it), and during my browser session, everything worked but when I tried it this morning I had to go back through Orb... So the Orb stream must use some sort of session variables in it's link.
    Uh not for me. I bookmarked my Internet Favorites page on Orb with all my Sirius stations and when I pull up the bookmark everyday, takes me right to it. I don't have to re-log in. Maybe you didn't set it to save your password, I think that's an option when you log in.
    02-05-09 12:44 PM
    If you have quick launch, you can copy/paste the url into quick launch. I have Howard 100 and my webcam set up this way..works great
    02-05-09 01:17 PM
    Uh not for me. I bookmarked my Internet Favorites page on Orb with all my Sirius stations and when I pull up the bookmark everyday, takes me right to it. I don't have to re-log in. Maybe you didn't set it to save your password, I think that's an option when you log in.

I have that bookmarked without a problem, but i wanted to bookmark the actual stream itself... So when the media player is going, when you add that bookmark, it will only work during the browser session...
    02-05-09 02:59 PM
    I've been having issues lately with my uSirius as well on my BOLD .216 , just cant get it going. Didnt have any problems for months, and now I just dont get it.
    02-05-09 05:49 PM
    A little OT but you all know Sirius will be 2.99 on top of your regular subscription price for online access starting next month. Right?
    02-05-09 08:42 PM
    A little OT but you all know Sirius will be 2.99 on top of your regular subscription price for online access starting next month. Right?
    Not if you're a lifetime subscriber (which if Howard quits will be worthless for me).

The thing about Orb is you need to have it running on a PC or server, is that correct?
    02-05-09 08:58 PM
    Not if you're a lifetime subscriber (which if Howard quits will be worthless for me).

The thing about Orb is you need to have it running on a PC or server, is that correct?
    Yup, in order to get Sirius on the Storm, you have to be running Orb on your PC at home and the uSirius application running on the same PC, feeding the Sirius stream into Orb.
    02-06-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD