I find that the storm is very unresponsive (touchscreen) while the unit is sitting flat on a surface. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 09:28 AM
    Yes I've noticed it. I pick the phone up to use it instead of trying when it's flat.
    02-20-09 09:38 AM
    Yes I have to pick it up as well but don't want to sometimes...

02-20-09 09:40 AM
    I had this problem with my first storm and a few others mentioned it as well. It wasn't the reason I replaced the storm, but my new one works fine laying down. It was only a problem for me when i put it in the car holder - it wasn't very responsive and I had to press or hold the screen longer to get buttons to work.
    02-20-09 09:43 AM
    Yes I have to pick it up as well but don't want to sometimes...

LoL, im sure it wasnt intended but everytime i read this, in my head im thinking good god you are lazy...

ive noticed as well that its not as easy to use when laying on a flat surface.
    02-20-09 09:55 AM
    I guess I can see that but what I meant was its more convenient in some cases to leave it flat on the table.

02-20-09 09:57 AM
    I don't like how mine is usually in landscape mode when I pick it up from the table!

02-20-09 10:01 AM
    I don't like how mine is usually in landscape mode when I pick it up from the table!

A little off topic but that is aggravating some times.

02-20-09 10:03 AM
    I don't have any performance issue when using my Storm flat on the table. I do that while it is being charged.

I always use my Storm in landscape mode, so it is not a problem for me. My only (minor) issue is that sometimes the landscape mode is upside down when laying flat, and I have to hold up the device for it to re-adjust correctly.

02-20-09 10:08 AM
    I just pick mine up, but I have noticed it gets confused between portrait and landscape. It can't make up it's mind.
    02-20-09 11:32 AM
    I find that if the unit is sitting flat and I use the tip of my finger the screen is not very responsive but if I use the pad of my finger it works just fine....I have some chewed up guitar fingers so I don't know if that may be the reason???
    02-20-09 11:39 AM
    Nope, mine works absolutely fine while its laying flat
    02-20-09 11:49 AM
    Mine will sometimes go landscape on my desk while sitting flat because my desk at work s old and off kilter just enough to trigger the accelerometer. Storm level pro in bullseye shows it to be about 1/4 bubble off plumb! Enough so that it noticed the slope but I don't.
    02-20-09 12:00 PM
    I find when I had .76 on it flat was fine, .103 it doesn't turn on while flat.
    02-20-09 12:03 PM
    My Storm works fine when its flat. I have other issues, but that's not one of them. haha
    02-20-09 12:06 PM
    I believe it's the phone. I'm on my 3rd one and the first two also went into landscape mode when laying flat and was hard to use but, now with the 3rd one, I think it works great laying flat. I keep it next to me on a side table while I'm kickin back in my lazy chair...lol. And I can just reach over and touch the phone to check things without picking it up...I know...lazy but, nice.
    02-20-09 12:56 PM
    Same problem here. I can't get it to do anything while it's laying flat so I've just gotten used to picking it up to check whatever I need to on it. I also have the issue of it going to landscape when laying flat.
    02-20-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD