If it's trying to be the "iPhone Killer" then why in the **** is there no support on a Mac? I'm having major issues with this considering I can't put music on my phone.

Any help?
    11-23-08 06:41 PM
    ya it is horrible but there will be mac support really soon... or so i hear
    11-23-08 06:44 PM
    If it's trying to be the "iPhone Killer" then why in the **** is there no support on a Mac? I'm having major issues with this considering I can't put music on my phone.

Any help?
    Drag and drop. Use the storm like a removable usb device. Works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:44 PM
    Drag and drop. Use the storm like a removable usb device. Works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Umm...how do I do that? I tried plugging it into the computer and it didn't recognize it...am I doing something wrong?
    11-23-08 07:06 PM
    lol @ this thread...
    11-23-08 07:07 PM
    You need to set the phone to enable mass storage mode when connected.

Options > memory > check the appropriate box.

Also, set mass storage mode to on, although it should be on by default.

At the above poster, not sure whats so funny about this.
    11-23-08 07:12 PM
    lol @ this thread...
    ***! I hope your pc gets a virus!

But yea I plugged my storm to my Mac and it didn't see it
    11-23-08 07:12 PM
    Guys, please use the search. There's about 4 of these threads floating around.

Also, viruses/trojans are no longer just a PC thing. There's a few malware programs popping up in OSX.
    11-23-08 07:19 PM

Any help?
    Here are your options my friend: if you searched in the Storm forum and/or the Mac user forum you would have found this.

-You can use the drag and drop method of dragging your files onto your blackberry from the desktop. by doing what Voodoo said:
    You need to set the phone to enable mass storage mode when connected.

Options > memory > check the appropriate box.

Also, set mass storage mode to on, although it should be on by default.

At the above poster, not sure whats so funny about this.
    But when you drag and drop your music, you must make sure its not under the itunes DRM, if so it will not work on the storm. You can do a search and find the correct DRM stripping programs which will make all of your itunes encoded files work properly.

Also when you do the drag and drop method; there will be 2 external icons that show up on your desktop, make sure that you choose the right one, because one of them will be the external microSD slot, the other will be the 1gig internal memory on the phone.

- You can download a program called Parallels or VMFusionware, and buy a copy of windows and install it on your mac, or you could simply even use boot camp with windows,and then run Blackberry's native windows programs.
    - You can download Missing Sync from The Missing Sync for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X and Windows which i have heard works quite well with the storm but has its few kinks.
    - You can wait for pocketmac to update there software so it will be compatible with the storm.
    - You can wait for blackberry to come out with there Desktop Manager for Mac, which was announced to come out in the 1st quarter of 2009.
    11-23-08 07:31 PM
    I have complete access with my blackberry and my Mac. I for one wish there was more support but I am more tired of my fellow mac owners complaining all the time.

Pocketmac for Blackberry is free and worked great for me:
    na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp

Also you can put it in mass storage mode.
    I have mine tethered for internet access by following instructions i found by searching google:
    tinyurl.com/6c8qu9

Now I had to connect to the windows vzw access before it would work on m Mac. Perhaps there is a setting in the phone activated, or on their server. I am guessing their server as you have to accept the possible data charges.
    Last edited by abstractinnovations; 11-23-08 at 10:46 PM.
    11-23-08 10:44 PM
    Maybe someone can answer this here. Asked in another mac thread but no reply. When the new OS comes out, if OTA is not an option, how do Mac users get the OS on there?
    11-23-08 10:47 PM
    ***! I hope your pc gets a virus!

But yea I plugged my storm to my Mac and it didn't see it
    Well you're obviously a mac user...Did you enable USB storage on the phone? Your computer can't see it until you set the phone to emulate a flash drive.
    11-23-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD