As many of you have read, you can hook the Storm up on Alltel. From what I've read, everything seems to be easy except for convincing an Alltel Agent to switch your ESN number. Can anybody who has actually got their storm hooked up leave some tips or tricks that you used to get the job done.

Thanks in advance,
    Jake
    01-24-09 06:03 PM
    Call Verizon Customer Service, as opposed to Alltel, and see what they say, being that they are the same company...
    01-24-09 07:01 PM
    Call Verizon Customer Service, as opposed to Alltel, and see what they say, being that they are the same company...
    You can't call Verizon CS as an Alltel customer, they'll have no way to access your account. Just because Verizon has bought Alltel doesn't mean that their systems have been merged yet.
    01-24-09 07:03 PM
    Can you unlock the Storm to use it with AT&T?
    01-24-09 07:07 PM
    Can you unlock the Storm to use it with AT&T?
    Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but yes.
    01-24-09 07:12 PM
    You can't call Verizon CS as an Alltel customer, they'll have no way to access your account. Just because Verizon has bought Alltel doesn't mean that their systems have been merged yet.
    I know this...They may be able to provide some insight into the matter, because eventually they will be merging information...
    01-24-09 07:39 PM
    Well I'm with Alltel and I'm going to stay with them until they merge systems. Some ask why hook the storm up, why not wait. The answer is I simply can't wait! Still anyone that has successfully got a storm activated on alltel, please tell how you did it.
    01-24-09 10:40 PM
    I know this...They may be able to provide some insight into the matter, because eventually they will be merging information...
    No, I guarantee that customer service for either provider won't be able to provide any insight. They know absolutely nothing.
    01-25-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD