I know I need to call Verizon and get the unlock code but what do I need to do once in Italy? Do I purchase a prepaid SIM or something like that? This is my first phone with a SIM so I'm not really sure what to do here.

I understand that unlocking the phone will allow me to use other carriers systems with my Storm, correct?
    01-04-09 12:28 PM
    Yes you would have to purchase a prepaid SIM card once in Italy.
    01-04-09 12:36 PM
    ok, now if I wanted full access to my BB (data, text and e-mail, internet access) what would I need to do? Would I need to go with Verizon's international plans?
    01-04-09 12:48 PM
    Yes,you woild have to go with Verizon international plan in order to use that features. If you get Italian sim card,you only will be able to call and text.
    01-04-09 12:54 PM
    Yes,you woild have to go with Verizon international plan in order to use that features. If you get Italian sim card,you only will be able to call and text.
    well if he wants to use the internet he can just use the wifi.... wait a second..
    01-04-09 12:55 PM
    For like 70 dollars or so Verizon has a unlimited data plan. Now as far as calling and texting I don't think they have any GOOD plans.
    01-04-09 12:57 PM
    I heard one day on O&A about anthony gettin a huge bill from overseas use. Check your plan before you go.
    01-04-09 01:04 PM
    I used VZW's plan in Thailand, they take off the normal plan so it's about $20 more than usual. You get full data and e-mail but calls and texts cost money. If you need both, I suggest doing both and you can put in the local sim card when you need to make a phone call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:07 PM
    I used VZW's plan in Thailand, they take off the normal plan so it's about $20 more than usual. You get full data and e-mail but calls and texts cost money. If you need both, I suggest doing both and you can put in the local sim card when you need to make a phone call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is exactly what I was thinking about doing. Thanks
    01-04-09 01:26 PM
    Search for a thread titled Overseas Travel. I made a post there about my experience travelling with the Storm.
    01-04-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD