I am going over to Europe next week and I am taking my S2 with me. I don't plan on using it as a phone. Instead I will use it as a PDA and access WiFi, use it to play music, take quick pictures, etc.

I ran this by the lady at the Verizon store and she said that even if I turn off the wireless network on the phone it will still attempt to connect to the network. In addition she said that even when I use the device over WiFi ONLY it will still rack up international roaming data charges on my Verizon plan.

That makes no sense. If I turn off the wireless network the phone's wireless radio is turned off and it shouldn't try to connect. If I access data over WiFi it has nothing to do with the wireless network.

Who is right? Me or her?
    05-19-10 05:27 PM
    The lady at verizon dosen't know what she's talking about. If you go to Manage Connections and turn off the wireless network it can't access the network or get roaming charges.
    05-19-10 06:40 PM
    She doesn't have a clue what she is talking about. Internet access thru wifi doesn't matter where in the world you are cause you are accessing it thru whoever has the wifi network up.
    Gotta love people who give out false information as they run around thinking they know things when in actuality they have no clue.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-19-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD