Is there a way to attach my Storm 2 to my laptop. Open up a website, thru the Storm 2's browser, and see the website on my laptop?
    Thanks in advance
    09-27-10 03:29 PM
    You mean like tethering?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 03:48 PM
    Is there a way to attach my Storm 2 to my laptop. Open up a website, thru the Storm 2's browser, and see the website on my laptop?
    Thanks in advance
    Impatica viaDock - Control Your BlackBerry with your PC
    09-27-10 06:24 PM
    Sorry River, the Storm 2 doesn't have a display out.

How ever in reference to what eclipse has said, you can connect your BlackBerry to your computer and use your BBs internet on your laptop in a practice called "tethering"

You storm would act like a modem while tethering

09-27-10 06:25 PM
    sounds like Redfly is what you're looking for. The CrackBerry store sells this device.

Redfly Mobile Companion 8" Display for BlackBerry Bold 9000, Curve 8900, Tour 9630

This Redfly Smartphone Terminal lets you use your smartphone like a laptop with its large 8" screen and full keyboard. Redfly links to your smartphone via a USB cable or wireless Bluetooth connection and extends the BlackBerry interface to a more convenient and capable environment. Plus features an 8.3- inch, 80- full QWERTY keyboard giving you the freedom to instantly respond to lengthy emails, take notes or work on complex spreadsheets.
    This is the only Redfly with a media port that allows you to view NTSC/ PAL external video (Can also be used as additional USB port) (Requires optional Redfly Media Cable)

09-27-10 06:37 PM
    screw that--get a Playbook after christmas!!!
    09-27-10 06:37 PM
    sounds like Redfly is what you're looking for. The CrackBerry store sells this device.

Redfly Mobile Companion 8" Display for BlackBerry Bold 9000, Curve 8900, Tour 9630

This Redfly Smartphone Terminal lets you use your smartphone like a laptop with its large 8" screen and full keyboard. Redfly links to your smartphone via a USB cable or wireless Bluetooth connection and extends the BlackBerry interface to a more convenient and capable environment. Plus features an 8.3- inch, 80- full QWERTY keyboard giving you the freedom to instantly respond to lengthy emails, take notes or work on complex spreadsheets.
    This is the only Redfly with a media port that allows you to view NTSC/ PAL external video (Can also be used as additional USB port) (Requires optional Redfly Media Cable)

too bulky. the Playbook is a better option, albeit not available for a few months.
    09-27-10 06:38 PM
    Agreed, dave1812!

09-27-10 06:38 PM
    Agreed, dave1812!

I haven't had this much lust for a device, in a very long time! My 4G touch wasn't this exciting...
    09-27-10 06:40 PM
    i'm not sure about it yet. It seems like an awkward size...can't carry in pocket.

09-27-10 06:44 PM
    i'm not sure about it yet. It seems like an awkward size...can't carry in pocket.

ah, isn't it about the size of a 5x7 card (but thicker)??? I love that it's smaller than the iCan't, but has a 1024 screen for some potentially awesome looking video playback and web surfing, to name just 2 functions.
    09-27-10 06:49 PM

are u a chick? don't u carry a purse?
    09-27-10 06:50 PM
    i'm a chick. i don't carry a purse. i have cargo pants for my junk.

09-27-10 06:53 PM
    i'm a chick. i don't carry a purse. i have cargo pants for my junk.

ok. and u are saying u won't be able to get a 5x7" device in one of those pockets??

to tell the truth, if I get one, I wouldn't likely be carrying it with me everywhere, but I think it would be useful despite not being ultra-portable like a normal-sized cell phone. I believe the Samsung Tab and the Playbook are going to be selling in decent numbers.
    Last edited by dave1812; 09-27-10 at 06:59 PM.
    09-27-10 06:56 PM
    Uh... doesn't the OP say "on my laptop?" Why are we discussing other devices? I love it how the OP hasn't chimed in since asking. Seems like Tether would be what they're looking for. Using your BB internet on your laptop...
    09-27-10 07:25 PM
    Uh... doesn't the OP say "on my laptop?" Why are we discussing other devices? I love it how the OP hasn't chimed in since asking. Seems like Tether would be what they're looking for. Using your BB internet on your laptop...
    I think the rest of us can read. Who appointed you the arbiter of what can be discussed here?

and are you going to drag a laptop around with YOU??
    09-27-10 07:33 PM
    screw that--get a Playbook after christmas!!!
    I'm getting one...I don't care if I have to beg or steal for it...lol!
    09-27-10 07:33 PM
    I think the rest of us can read. Who appointed you the arbiter of what can be discussed here?

and are you going to drag a laptop around with YOU??
    Actually, I keep my laptop with me most of the time .

But it has nothing to do with me or you. The OP clearly says "my LAPTOP." NOT some other device. Don't get mad at me because you're going off on a tangent.
    09-27-10 08:14 PM
    Actually, I keep my laptop with me most of the time .

But it has nothing to do with me or you. The OP clearly says "my LAPTOP." NOT some other device. Don't get mad at me because you're going off on a tangent.
    then u might as well accuse EVERYONE here of going "off tangent". welcome to a discussion board...
    09-27-10 09:30 PM
    then u might as well accuse EVERYONE here of going "off tangent". welcome to a discussion board...
    I'm not accusing anyone of anything. But this thing went off topic quick and the original question never got answered. Why so sensitive?
    09-27-10 09:43 PM
    I'm not accusing anyone of anything. But this thing went off topic quick and the original question never got answered. Why so sensitive?
    Hydroz answered it, FYI.
    09-28-10 01:14 AM
    why so irritating??
    09-28-10 09:26 AM
    Calm down BOTH of you, and BACK on TRACK! Several posts were deleted! Live with it!

Ok the subject at hand, another product I have found to do this is Bayalink Liberty, which offers a free 30 day trial, and is a VERY interesting product. Basically it lets you sorta tether, or use your Berry thru your PC, but closer to what Redfly does than what the Tether app does, but you use your PC rather than buy the Redfly terminal, and you just pay for the app.

http://crackberry.com/bayalink-launc...erry-bis-users
    09-28-10 11:26 AM
    Since there's no way to do what OP is asking we're just giving other options. Easy cowboy.

Here's the answer to the OPs question: NO. Is that better?

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-28-10 at 11:31 AM.
    09-28-10 11:29 AM
    Since there's no way to do what OP is asking we're just giving other options. Easy cowboy.

Here's the answer to the OPs question: NO. Is that better?

There is a way to do what the OP is asking and it has been answered at least 3 different times in this thread
    09-28-10 04:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD