I'm sure i will get flamed for this, but here it goes. Can use aout text to complete a phrase such as pw will type your pass word for an application?
    06-11-10 02:22 PM
    That would depend on the application. You can't for the device password. I just tried it to see. That's a good question, though. I'd never thought of it. It would not be a good security practice, so I assume most apps would not allow it.
    06-11-10 02:34 PM
    I thought this was a great question too. I'll have to try it on some of the apps i use to test it out.
    06-11-10 02:40 PM
    I have a password set up in my auto text and it works in some things. does not work in the browser where a password is needed in like a password input box. I couldnt get any I made or any of the premade ones to work not even mypin or the others that work all the time.
    06-11-10 04:49 PM
    i use phrases all the time but the problem is that in most instances, in the highlighted field in the browser...it will not change your shortcuts. Major disappointment for me. But it does work pretty much throughout the OS.
    06-11-10 05:03 PM
    I use LastPass as a pass word program. I would like to use auto text to insert the pass word. When I type pw I want the pass word to type out. Everyone is right it won't work in some programs.
    06-14-10 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD