Currently, I am w/ Verizon, but I dont wanna use roaming calls in South Korea, as the service costs an arm and a leg...
    Anyone know how to use pay as you go w/ storm 2 via its local telecom carrier?
    Do I have to unlock the phone? If yes, where?
    Sorry, i am a newbie on this, so any specific instructions will be appreciated!!!
    07-13-10 06:54 PM
    call vzw talk to them. i bet you have to add the global plan(if they have coverage there) and dont forget to take your charger adapters with you
    07-13-10 07:06 PM
    best option is to unlock the phone so you can use the local prepaid card etc.
    call up vzw first to see what they can offer. other ways to unlock comes in later.
    07-14-10 03:03 AM
    OK, I guess I wouldnt be using the storm 2 as a pay as you go...
    Anyway, one more question, if I use data via wifi, not via local telecom carrier, do I still get charged for the use?
    07-14-10 07:23 PM
    OK, I guess I wouldnt be using the storm 2 as a pay as you go...
    Anyway, one more question, if I use data via wifi, not via local telecom carrier, do I still get charged for the use?
    I am not sure about your telco but for mine telco...NO!!!! Or maybe it was part of my data limit?

I did a test by switching off my mobile network and uses the wifi. Everything works perfectly!!! mails, bbm, fb, etc etc.

Received my bill recently, checked and seem ok to me. At least no expensive roaming charges.
    07-15-10 01:39 AM
    If you choose to use the global email plan with VZW it works great in South Korea, but you have to set the network to 1XEV for it to work. Have a nice trip!
    07-15-10 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD