Does anyone know how I can get rid of original owners email. I am receiving her email. When I try to go to "set up" it requires her password. If I try to set up a new account it says that the "device pin" is already associated with an email account.

The original user is ignoring my emails asking to contact me. I am stopping just short of contacting folks that email her and asking for their help.

Can I delete the email account associated with this STORMs PIN without the account password?
    02-07-09 07:00 PM
    Oh sweet Jeebus, the possibilities are endless. My boss won't leave his account open because he knows ill send a mass email declaring his Newfound Sexuality.

If she won't return your Emails, then I say "ruin her".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:27 PM
    Does anyone know how I can get rid of original owners email. I am receiving her email. When I try to go to "set up" it requires her password. If I try to set up a new account it says that the "device pin" is already associated with an email account.

The original user is ignoring my emails asking to contact me. I am stopping just short of contacting folks that email her and asking for their help.

Can I delete the email account associated with this STORMs PIN without the account password?
    Open up the email settings app, press the BB key and click Forgot Password. This will send the password to your device. Then you can log into the app with the username and password and delete the email account.

02-07-09 07:29 PM
    the RIGHT way for this to be done is for the original owner to call AT&T and release the PIN from her account, so that it is available to be attached to your account.

the other possibility is to try and get AT&T to do this yourself. Not likely. (Although when another customer with a similar user name to mine called AT&T and said they couldn't remember their password, AT&T obliged by resetting MY account password for them, and the other customer then proceeded to delete 9 BIS accounts and 1 BES account from my BB, I watched as 3000 emails were deleted from my BB, and it took 6 hours on the phone with AT&T and the other customer to get it resolved -- so it can happen -- it's just not supposed to.) Not only that, but after things got fixed, I then received the other customer's email on my BB for over a week -- he was a doctor and I was getting confidential info in his email. I'm thinking that after the h*ll I raised over that one, all the way to the CEO's office, it is not likely to happen again. But -- you never know.

As long as the PIN is associated with the original owner's account it can't be used by another account.
    02-07-09 07:34 PM
    Open up the email settings app, press the BB key and click Forgot Password. This will send the password to your device. Then you can log into the app with the username and password and delete the email account.

I have done this several times but I have yet to receive the password.
    02-07-09 08:45 PM
    Can you perform a data wipe to clear her account settings from the phone?

02-07-09 10:04 PM
    Can you perform a data wipe to clear her account settings from the phone?

that never works for some odd reason
    02-07-09 10:21 PM
    GoBlue is correct, you need to get the original owner to call the carrier and get the PIN released. If you can't get ahold of her, try calling yourself and explaining the situation.

02-07-09 10:22 PM
    GoBlue is correct, you need to get the original owner to call the carrier and get the PIN released. If you can't get ahold of her, try calling yourself and explaining the situation.

OK who do we call:

She was Verizon
    I am AT&T

or do we call Blackberry
    02-08-09 12:20 AM
    You gotta call verizon since that was her carrier.

02-08-09 12:32 AM
    BB button
    options
    advanced options
    service book
    pick email address to delete and highlight
    bb button select delete

Done deal
    02-08-09 12:59 AM
    That will resolve part of the issue, its the other part you need to worry about.

You then need to add your email address to the account.

You can probably do that at the same place though

But the main problem is that once youve added it, she could actually go into her original account and delete your emails address.
    And for blackberry being an encrypted server not an ideal scenario (though may be thye only one open).

Somebody will come up with some foolproof ideas hopefully.

But I think it will be contacting verizon, as if they straight delete her account without her permission they could get into all kinds of trouble re security etc
    02-08-09 02:29 AM
    OK ... I am not a dummy but there is no email listed in the Service Books. I had been there before. I actually went through all listings to see if there was a hotmail routing or something leaning that way. But nada.

Time to spend my life on the phone with Verizon. I actually found the chicks number on an email but I will need to have exact info for her or she will not likely do anything.

Check this out ... this morning ... a love poem from her boyfriend. I laughed / I cried.
    02-08-09 11:23 AM
    Haha...I know its messed up, but I would try telling her that if she doesn't help you out, you'll start replying to her emails, since they are coming to your phone. Maybe that will give her some incentive to call verizon herself.

02-08-09 11:42 AM
    Haha...I know its messed up, but I would try telling her that if she doesn't help you out, you'll start replying to her emails, since they are coming to your phone. Maybe that will give her some incentive to call verizon herself.

That should get her going!!!
    02-08-09 07:41 PM

No,no, no, if she has half a brain or her boy friend does, they will just change the password on the email account and then you will not be able to see the email or harass her
    02-08-09 08:22 PM
    Just do the right (and probably only) thing. Call her up, text her whatever, theres no other way I can think off that youre going to get it changed over without her also possibly having access.
    Shes probably same as you and wants to get it sorted once realised whats happen. Service booke, deleting emails may work short term, but they wont get you what you want
    02-08-09 10:50 PM
    Sabotage her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mass email to her entire contact list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-09-09 04:25 PM

Hmm....your asking for a solution of eliminating settings of your Storms previous owners things, and right before you, there was a post of someone's storm being stolen.

My Storm was stolen...

awfully suspicious.

j/k
    02-09-09 07:36 PM
    Email her boyfriend and break up with him. If that doesn't get her attwntion I dunno what will. But I would reinstall the os but don't backup your data so it can't restore the emails. Put your contacts in outlook and your all good! Seems like a lot of work but it should get the job done

02-09-09 08:17 PM
    If I reinstall the operating system will that change the PIN #? Because VZW has the PIN locked and I can not set up email because the PIN is reserved.
    02-10-09 10:25 PM
    If I reinstall the operating system will that change the PIN #? Because VZW has the PIN locked and I can not set up email because the PIN is reserved.
    No, the pin is unique to the device and can't be changed on the device.

02-10-09 11:17 PM
    The deed is done. The previous owner finally called Verizon and freed the pin.
    02-20-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD