So I used CrackMem v.3 and nothing happened. I selected everything I wanted off, and nothing. I even went into the Loader files MYSELF and delete the OEM wallpapers and ringtones and crap I don't need. I rebooted my device and I STILL have 28.5mb, exactly what I had before. Not to mention the sample pics are still there. I even went back into the loader files to make sure they were deleted, they are GONE, yet they are on my device. wtf

Also, I got the new 5.0.0.451 OS, there was no exe file so I dragged and dropped it into my current OS folder, rebooted, and it still says im running .328. wtf.

Last edited by StormTrooper89; 01-28-10 at 07:52 AM.
    01-28-10 07:47 AM
    Make sure that .451 is the only OS on your PC and try again. I've also found shrink a OS to be the easiest and most reliable program for accomplishing what you're trying to do. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 08:42 AM
    last time I used crackmem it bricked my phone...
    01-28-10 09:04 AM
    So I used CrackMem v.3 and nothing happened. I selected everything I wanted off, and nothing. I even went into the Loader files MYSELF and delete the OEM wallpapers and ringtones and crap I don't need. I rebooted my device and I STILL have 28.5mb, exactly what I had before. Not to mention the sample pics are still there. I even went back into the loader files to make sure they were deleted, they are GONE, yet they are on my device. wtf

Also, I got the new 5.0.0.451 OS, there was no exe file so I dragged and dropped it into my current OS folder, rebooted, and it still says im running .328. wtf.

1. there is no 451 radio for the 9530, so it will say you are running 328 (which you are)>

2. All of the crackmem/OS shrinking/deleting of sample pictures/changing of java files etc needs to be done BEFORE you install the OS, it was unclear from your post if that was what you did.
    01-28-10 09:19 AM
    Make sure that .451 is the only OS on your PC and try again. I've also found shrink a OS to be the easiest and most reliable program for accomplishing what you're trying to do. Hope this helps. Good luck.

What program are you referring to? is it CALLED "shrink a os" or something else?
    01-28-10 03:24 PM
    1. there is no 451 radio for the 9530, so it will say you are running 328 (which you are)>

2. All of the crackmem/OS shrinking/deleting of sample pictures/changing of java files etc needs to be done BEFORE you install the OS, it was unclear from your post if that was what you did.

I couldn't even install the new OS. I installed .328 on there, because it wasn't already. THEN ran Crackmem...nothing. I don't care abou that program really, just tryna find a way to increase my memore.

As far as 451 I downloaded the MTS Mobility (don't even know that is) version and it says "Error reading initializing file" or some stupid junk. So if anyone has a WORKING LINK to download .451 please let me know.

And there seem to be a lot of guides for updating an OS. Does anyone have a guide to updating a LEAKED OS?
    01-28-10 03:27 PM
    Here you go.

How to upgrade to a leaked OS

Shrink-A-OS

How To Shrink-A-OS

01-28-10 05:22 PM
    The 451 "leak" is not for the 9530. It is for the 9500.

crackmem is only for prepping an OS to install, it is not designed to remove anything from the phone once it is loaded.

spend some time in the OS forum and you will figure it out.
    01-28-10 06:42 PM
    Here you go.

Thanks, couldn't have asked for a better answer. Much appreciated
    01-28-10 07:43 PM
    The 451 "leak" is not for the 9530. It is for the 9500.

crackmem is only for prepping an OS to install, it is not designed to remove anything from the phone once it is loaded.

spend some time in the OS forum and you will figure it out.
    I HAVE been looking, A lot. But how much can you learn in a week or two. and check the status, it says NEWBIE for a reason.
    01-28-10 07:43 PM
    You're welcome. And welcome to CB.

01-28-10 08:01 PM
    By the way, have you checked here for the OS that you're looking for? I haven't but you might find it here.

OS Super Page

01-28-10 08:03 PM
    I always use Crackmem and it works great. But as already pointed out you need to run Crackmem after you install the OS to your computer, but BEFORE you load it onto your phone.

And I would just load the .419 from MTS Mobility. There isn't much (if any) benefit to running a hybrid if it's still based on the .328 or .419 anyway. The SFI (radio) file is what has almost all the effect on how your phone operates, so go with the best radio (.419 IMO) and leave the .451 files out... at least until you get the hang of all this...
    01-28-10 11:08 PM
    I always use Crackmem and it works great. But as already pointed out you need to run Crackmem after you install the OS to your computer, but BEFORE you load it onto your phone.

And I would just load the .419 from MTS Mobility. There isn't much (if any) benefit to running a hybrid if it's still based on the .328 or .419 anyway. The SFI (radio) file is what has almost all the effect on how your phone operates, so go with the best radio (.419 IMO) and leave the .451 files out... at least until you get the hang of all this...
    Ok thanks. BUT. I Have downloaded .419 TWICE NOW. Each time when I double click it, it says "ERROR READING SETUP INITIALIZING FILE". I cannot install it. Why?????
    01-29-10 06:21 AM
    .419 is from another vendor, you may need to delete the vendor.xml file before it will load up. I personally like using Shrink-a-OS, during the shrinking process, it automatically deletes the vendor file for you. Just my 2 cents.
    01-29-10 08:33 PM
    .419 is from another vendor, you may need to delete the vendor.xml file before it will load up. I personally like using Shrink-a-OS, during the shrinking process, it automatically deletes the vendor file for you. Just my 2 cents.

Had already done that. The problem was actually the browser. I downloaded it twice with Opera. Once I downloaded it with Firefox it worked fine.
    01-29-10 08:49 PM
    Had already done that. The problem was actually the browser. I downloaded it twice with Opera. Once I downloaded it with Firefox it worked fine.
    Glad you got it working. That's good information to know for people who have that problem in the future. I've read thousands of threads and I've never heard of a problem that was due to the browser that was used for the download.

01-29-10 09:16 PM
    Glad you got it working. That's good information to know for people who have that problem in the future. I've read thousands of threads and I've never heard of a problem that was due to the browser that was used for the download.

Yeah I thought it was good to put it out there. Especially because I read on Googled that a lot of people had this problem, and it is a big deal. you take 2 hours to download it, maybe longer, then I'm excited, so its done, then I get that absolutely TARDISH (yes, i just made that up) error. So yeah..there it is, all because I used a different browser lol
    01-30-10 12:39 AM
    A lot of good advise thrown around. Just one add-on, you can use CrackMem after an install, then run loader.exe and remove from the device what is now removed from the OS.
    01-30-10 12:50 AM
    A lot of good advise thrown around. Just one add-on, you can use CrackMem after an install, then run loader.exe and remove from the device what is now removed from the OS.

Def. did not know that. good tip, I will keep that in mind.

Another funny thing--
    I was running at around 20mb at after boot, runnin on .328, updated to .419, shrunk my os, was runnin at 38mb. then DOWNGRADED and im still runnin at 35mb with .328 lol..just basically upgd then dwngd and gained 15mb! lol
    01-30-10 01:30 AM
    I have the newst 5.0 in my 8330. It came on the device. I have just run crackmem to remove some items. Now I guess I need to remove from the device what is now removed from the OS. How do I run loader exe? How do I get the changes I made to apply to my BB? I am running DM 6.0. Please help :0
    09-23-10 11:36 AM
    I have the newst 5.0 in my 8330. It came on the device. I have just run crackmem to remove some items. Now I guess I need to remove from the device what is now removed from the OS. How do I run loader exe? How do I get the changes I made to apply to my BB? I am running DM 6.0. Please help :0
    Don't worry about DM, just leave that closed. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Reseaech in Motion->AppLoader, and click on the phone icon, loader.exe.
    09-23-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD