This just came to me. Does anyone know of any aps that
    Make the camera led turn into a flashlight?
    Preferably free...
    If not maybe its a good idea for someone to tinker around with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:55 AM
    been posted before.

not possible, not in the API's for the BB. only the camera/video can access it.
    02-26-09 03:02 AM
    uh depends on how much time you have to turn it on, but open up vid cam, options >> flash > on. TIP: hold storm upside down because everytime it goes portrait <--> landscape it flicks the light off and on and is very annoying.
    02-26-09 03:05 AM
    uh depends on how much time you have to turn it on, but open up vid cam, options >> flash > on. TIP: hold storm upside down because everytime it goes portrait <--> landscape it flicks the light off and on and is very annoying.
    yea that's what i do as well.. cept unfortunately the storm doesnt have the spacebar shortcut to turn on the flash that the curve did.
    02-26-09 03:11 AM
    yeah i know.. much much more time consuming.
    02-26-09 03:12 AM
    yea that's what i do as well.. cept unfortunately the storm doesnt have the spacebar shortcut to turn on the flash that the curve did.
    Once it's set too on, it's on. Add the video camera to a hotkey... One press, flashlight.
    02-26-09 03:58 AM
    P.S.; it is a Xenon flash, not an LED. The LED is on the front of the phone.

02-26-09 08:03 AM
    Once it's set too on, it's on. Add the video camera to a hotkey... One press, flashlight.
    Or add it to Quick Launch ;-)
    02-26-09 08:26 AM
    For god sakes someone just figure this out so we stop having the same request over and over
    02-26-09 08:52 AM
    For god sakes someone just figure this out so we stop having the same request over and over
    Read above. Set video recorder to flash on and save then set video recorder to a hotkey.

Done. No one has to figure out anything.
    02-26-09 09:03 AM
    Like stated above it's not possible. It's not a matter of figuring it out.
    02-26-09 09:10 AM
    P.S.; it is a Xenon flash, not an LED. The LED is on the front of the phone.

actually it IS an LED. if it were a xenon flash, it would function like a normal camera flash with the quick on off, rather than the second duration on/off.
    02-26-09 09:44 AM
    Carry a flashlight on your keychain...?
    02-26-09 10:13 AM
    I have numerous small LED flashlights, and I can tell you that the LED on the Storm for the video recorder rocks. It has a bright, clean, white light with a large spill and no discernible hotspot. It is a great flashlight. Since I added the 2600mAh battery, I could care less about battery drain.
    03-05-09 10:34 PM
    The LED flash is almost too bright to use with the camera - it ends up blinding anyone who I try to take pictures of... But a flashlight app really would be useful...

03-05-09 11:24 PM
    It seems more of an issue of searching...

This issue has been discussed tons.

The videorecorder work around gets the job done.

03-06-09 06:58 AM
    No, but the thing is ******* bright as ****.
    03-06-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD