So far so good, but I have one major problem:
    My PC doesn't recognize my Storm2 as a Mass storage device, even though I adjusted the phone's memory to "alow USB mass storage mode" . Any suggestions?
    01-07-11 02:32 PM
    I in know way want to insult your intelligence, but have you downloaded the drivers for your phone? Also, do you have any other mass storage device issues?

Which operating system are you running on your PC. It is possible that something may be disabled.
    01-07-11 11:23 PM
    Of course I installed the drivers. No probs with other devices in USB mode (Nokia E71, Samsung Omnia etc). OS is Windows 7.
    01-08-11 06:25 AM
    Did you try using that memory card in your nokia, for example, to see if your card be accessed...allows you close in on the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 06:33 AM
    No prob wt memory card in Nokia, Samsung. The Storm 2 is not recognized at all by my PC in USB mass storage mode (NEITHER the internal memory, NOR the memory card)
    01-08-11 06:57 AM
    Anyway, can you suggest a download link for a USB driver for Storm 2? I can try to uninstall the Desktop software and install the USB driver separately
    01-08-11 07:12 AM
    Only the MEDIA CARD will show up in Mass Storage Mode. The Device Memory will not. In order to access the Device Memory from a computer, you need to use Roxio Media Manager.
    01-08-11 07:12 AM
    Only the MEDIA CARD will show up in Mass Storage Mode. The Device Memory will not. In order to access the Device Memory from a computer, you need to use Roxio Media Manager.
    i beg to differ... if i plug my phone in i can go to My Computer link and view all files and media on device memory. as for the mass storage mode, it has do do with the new dm. every time i plug mine in i get asked if i want to turn on msm...
    01-08-11 07:38 AM
    Having DM installed and the proper OS package installed should be enough.

Do you see or hear prompts that it's being detected at all, but it's just not showing up in Explorer? Does DM see it? If so, it may be getting assigned the same drive letter as another USB device, such as an external hard drive or media card reader. Right-click on Computer and select Manage, then go to Disk Management and see if it's there. If it is, give it a name like "BlackBerry" and assign it an unused drive letter.

olmir66 likes this.
    01-08-11 07:52 AM
    yeah i hear it connect, not a big deal to me. when i need to transfer pictures i take the card out and use the sd card adapter that way, heck of alot easier for me, only time i use the data cable is to charge phone at work or back up my phone
    01-08-11 08:07 AM
    Having DM installed and the proper OS package installed should be enough.Do you see or hear prompts that it's being detected at all, but it's just not showing up in Explorer? Does DM see it? If so, it may be getting assigned the same drive letter as another USB device, such as an external hard drive or media card reader. Right-click on Computer and select Manage, then go to Disk Management and see if it's there. If it is, give it a name like "BlackBerry" and assign it an unused drive letter.
    Upon connecting the USB cable, the Storm2 prompts me to choose USB mode, and I confirm it. DM does recognize the phone, but when I try to add an application with DM, it denies the connection port. I did what you suggested and right-clicked the Computer/Disk management but it doesn't recognize the Storm2 at all. The same goes for Windows Explorer.

Can anyone suggest a link for downloading a separate USB driver, cause when I try to google it, I've been only offered various desktop managers ?
    01-08-11 09:06 AM
    After downloading a separate USB driver and several installations and uninstallations of DM, I managed to do the USB mass storage mode activation...Thank you guys for ur help!
    01-08-11 10:26 AM
    The usb drivers automatically install when you load DM on your pc....so I'm confused about requests for links for drivers.

When I connect my phone to the computer it prompts whether I want to enable usb mass storage or not. If I click on yes then I can view my SD card. If I click "no" this allows the phone to interface with DM.

This I believe is case for all blackberrys. This brings me to my question....have you noticed this prompt on your phone when you connect to your pc?

Last edited by f0xx386; 01-08-11 at 02:00 PM.
    01-08-11 01:54 PM
    [QUOTE=f0xx386;5934675] This brings me to my question....have you noticed this prompt on your phone when you connect to your pc? (QUOTE]

No, because I set the "Allow Mass Storage Mode" to "Yes" instead of "Prompt"
    01-08-11 06:16 PM
    Last time I had this problem it ended up being a bad USB cable. That might be something to check. I think I'm starting to have problems again either with the cable I use now, or the port on the side of the phone. Most of the time when I move the cable near the port, mass storage move clicks on and off.

Mike

01-10-11 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD