Anyone know of a good easy way to upload pics to Smugmug directly from my Storm? I have been looking around and didn't find a 3rd party app for it. I know there's the flickr app but I pay 100 bux a year for my smugmug account so I might as well be using it right?
    Anyway, if anyone knows of a good easy way to that I'd be greatly appreciative of the info. Any smuggers out there?

Happy New Year!!
    01-01-09 08:03 AM
    Do they have an email address you can send the photos to (that is of course if you have a bb data plan)?
    01-01-09 08:05 AM
    Count me in. I guess it was smugmug themselves that created the slick application for the iPhone that allows you to send photos directly into your smugmug account... would be great if there was a similar application for the BB. I'd surely pay a few $$ for it (once).
    01-01-09 09:30 AM
    Yes I do not know if there is an app at all and I sent them an email to them. SmugMug pointed me towards another forum (do not have with me since I am not at home where the email is at right now) since they did not have an app as of right now like the iPhone when I asked if they had one for the BB or was in the works.
    There are instructions on how to do it online I believe by emailing the photos to your account. You have to put your email password in the subject line and the caption for the photo in the body of the email. It adds it to a default category which you can modify online at a later time.
    I setup a contact in my BB so I can email it to my account.
    Hope that helps if I find the other information I will go ahead and post it.
    Last edited by jdkluck; 01-01-09 at 01:32 PM.
    01-01-09 01:27 PM
    From the SmugMug website help - How to add photos via email or camera phones- powered by SmugMug

Adding Photos: Via email & phones
    If you send email to SmugMug with photos attached, we'll place them in a gallery for you.

Tip: You can use this feature to add photos from your regular email as well. No phones required! (Though if you have an iPhone, the deal gets even sweeter.)

Here's how:

Choose Go to Control Panel. Click the Settings tab.
    Click the change link by the words "Email upload password".

upload via email

The following screen will come up:

upload via email

Choose a password that is different from your SmugMug account login password.

Tip: Cell phone users can save time by choosing a password that's easy to type on a numeric keypad. Example: numbers or the first letter on each key, capitalizing the first one.

Compose an email containing one or more photos or attach the photos to the email and send to yournickname@email.smugmug.com. Example: beanland@email.smugmug.com.

Type your photo email password into the subject line. Type the photo's caption into the body of the email (optional).
    upload via email
    Send. SmugMug will automatically create a gallery named "email" and place your photos in it.

Tip: If you're losing the caption, try sending in plain text format.
    01-01-09 01:35 PM
    Thanks guys! Would be lovely if there was a straight program but I guess we will just have to suffer... lol.
    01-03-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks guys! Would be lovely if there was a straight program but I guess we will just have to suffer... lol.
    Same here, I would love it if there was a dedicated app. Create new galleries, upload to existing galleries, queue up photos instead of one at a time, etc.

I know there are other third party uploaders for SmugMug, just not on the BlackBerry platform.
    04-19-09 08:50 AM
    I know this is a little old but count me in on those who would love a dedicated smugmug app. I have followed the threads on dgrin.com too but nothing last I looked
    09-19-09 07:07 PM
    I'm a SmugMug user also. I'm considering sending them an email asking for a dedicated app. Maybe you guys should also. Don't know his much it will help, but it sure can't hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:08 PM
    definately can't hurt. I know they have had some discusions. Wish I knew how to do it
    09-19-09 08:12 PM
    Hey I found this old thread. I have smugmug and will email if I have to, but is there a way to select a bunch of photos in the view pics section. I have a lot of them and it is hard to email each one.
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD