Hi. I have BES through work but use my Storm for personal use (and business). I have .75 now.

If I upgrade to .90 at home via the link and DM, will I lose my BB Messenger contacts? Will I lose my interface with my BES at work (and IT at work have to reconnect me via Enterprise Activation)?

I haven't upgraded on my own, so would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks,

Craig
    01-22-09 02:12 PM
    You will have to do an EA, though you wont lose any data, just connectivity to your BES server. Just contact your IT department before hand to issue you an activation password, then you can re-activate wirelessly from home after the update is done.
    01-22-09 02:23 PM
    Craig,
    I use a BES with my company and I always upgrade my OS systems while connected to my work server on my work computer. (Either connected wired or threw the provided VPN) When I set up the Desktop software I made it aware that I use BES and then the software would look for my outlook profile. After the upgraded my BES automatically reactivated without the help of the my IT dept.
    Just a note, This maybe over kill, but i also take off all copies of the desktop manager software (restarting the laptop after each uninstall) and then reinstall only the original copy from Verizon (4.7 DT with.75 OS downloaded from the Verizon website) , restart the lap top, and then the Beta OS software. Don’t forget to follow the instructions listed on crackberry on how to upgrade to a beta os. One final note is that as long I am upgrading using a Verizon 9530 Beta I do not remove the Vendor file and I have not had to shut off the internet connection.
    As far as you BB messenger contacts, after each update of Beta OS, the contacts i had in BB showed up with no issue, but don’t take my word on that. Thanks and good luck.
    Last edited by polar135; 01-22-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: needed to be corrected:)
    01-22-09 02:34 PM
    These are not leaked verizon files they are beta files, and do not install the vendor.xml file. And your IT department has to allow activation via DM, personally I do not allow this on my network. We have too many remote employees that may lose their device, or laptop and have it reactivated automatically. This is too much of a security issue for me.
    01-22-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD