Hello: My Love for the storm and reading these posts have caused me to order another storm. The quick story is I found the internal antenna is not as good as the curve. I Live on a fringe area that was tested by verizon and in order to get service I had to switch back to the curve. I Miss my storm and purchased one that hasnt been activated yet. I plan on activating it from time to time to use.

First question is can I upgrade my OS without the phone being active.

Second question has many people switched from phone to phone and is this something easy to do with Verizon ?

Thanks for your time.
    02-14-09 09:49 AM
    Honestly, I know this isn't a response you're specifically looking for but I think you should give this a look: Enter your location
    It's the only way I can see justifying the purchase of your Storm. Too much money just to have it sit around. Hope this helps.

EDIT: With response to the other questions. I assume you should be able to upgrade the phone without the phone being activated. Just download the leaks as anyone else would and when an official update comes out you're going to have to download the new OS on your computer. That's better than through the phone anyway. To your second question. You're going to have to call up with your phone's MEID every time you need to activate for each phone. Kind of not worth it if you're switching all the time, not so bad if you're not/you don't mind. Not worth it in my opinion and I would either return the Storm or look into the extender I linked above.
    Last edited by xkegsx; 02-14-09 at 10:04 AM.
    02-14-09 09:57 AM
    Yes I did order one. And this is why I ordered the storm but for now until bugs are worked out I want to update it and use it from time to time.
    02-14-09 10:04 AM
    You ordered an extender? If so, can you tell us how it is when you get it? With the regard to your original post, you should still be able to update the phone without it being activated, http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/. And again, you're going to have to call your phone company with the MEID of either phone, depending which one you're switching to.
    02-14-09 10:09 AM
    Thank you I know how to upgrade just wanted to make sure I can upgrade it without it being activated. As soon as I receive my extender I will let everyone know how it works. I got an email yesterday from verizon so I am hoping it will be here soon
    02-14-09 10:11 AM
    Hello: My Love for the storm and reading these posts have caused me to order another storm. The quick story is I found the internal antenna is not as good as the curve. I Live on a fringe area that was tested by verizon and in order to get service I had to switch back to the curve. I Miss my storm and purchased one that hasnt been activated yet. I plan on activating it from time to time to use.

First question is can I upgrade my OS without the phone being active.

Second question has many people switched from phone to phone and is this something easy to do with Verizon ?

Thanks for your time.
    Yes you can update your storm with out being activated. I sell storm phones all over world and I update all phones to newest OS before shipping. You can BB Pin me and I can show you how I do it without use of DM

Yes you can switch phones online through your VZW web page
    02-14-09 10:15 AM
    Yes you can update it without it being activated
    And you can either call Verizon or go to their
    Website to switch phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD