So, I know there is like 100 million threads that talk about upgrading. But I didn't find a couple of questions I have.

- Will I have to reunlock my Storm if I do an OS upgrade
    - For my Canadian made Storm, which OS would you recommend
    - Is my warranty void for unlocking my Storm
    - Does anyone here have super powers to kick "Dust's" ***.

Sorry, but if anyone can answer these, great. And thank you in advance.

Jerry
    02-04-09 06:34 PM
    Anyone? sheesh...
    02-04-09 10:43 PM
    Okay well I will just keep talking to myself then..

So I am trying to backup my stuff now and I keep getting an error at the SlideShowToGoPrefs thing. Anyone shed some light on it?
    02-04-09 11:15 PM
    well, done installing the .99 version. Things are good. Now, just have to enter in the TCP/IP info and I should be good. I think... we'll see.
    02-05-09 12:06 AM
    So, I know there is like 100 million threads that talk about upgrading. But I didn't find a couple of questions I have.

- Will I have to reunlock my Storm if I do an OS upgrade
    - For my Canadian made Storm, which OS would you recommend
    - Is my warranty void for unlocking my Storm
    - Does anyone here have super powers to kick "Dust's" ***.

Sorry, but if anyone can answer these, great. And thank you in advance.

Jerry
    -No, you will not have to unlock your device again when you do the upgrade.
    -I would recommend that you install .99 since after using it for 95 hours of usage, I believe it is the most stable OS available since .75.
    -No, your warranty isn't void if you unlocked the storm.
    -I've had the storm since launch day and haven't experienced any problems with dust build up. There are few suggestions to solve the dust problem on the boards and I'll post them when I remember where I saw them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 01:23 AM
    Great answers! Thanks.

Just got .99 installed and the .90 radio working. All is well now and I am pretty satisfied. Nothing bad and works great.

Yeah, let me know about the dust problem. I'd like to get this taken care of.

Thanks!
    02-05-09 01:26 AM
    I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere but I'm wondering if anyone can provide with a list of cod files and whatever else that I can remove safely on an OS for upgrade to a Verizon unlocked 9530, I'm on tmobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:31 AM

Yeah, let me know about the dust problem. I'd like to get this taken care of.

Thanks!
    No solution for the dust problem yet other than getting a replacement that will eventually have the same problem.
    02-26-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD