Hi there. I have the Storm and .75 OS. I use my BB through BES at work.

If I try a Wireless Upgrade, I get an error that says "Unable to send request for wireless upgrade."

Is that a 'normal' message since it's through BES?

When an official OS comes out, do I need to tell my IT department so they can go get it, or is this a normal process for them to grab the upgrades?

Also, if I do upgrade through work, do I lose all my BB Messenger contacts, etc?

Thanks for the help.

Kraig
    01-13-09 01:14 PM
    One more thing -- can I upgrade myself through Desktop Manager? Does that affect anything?
    01-13-09 01:16 PM
    Its been said here that is you are using BES, you will have to have your account reactivated by you IT after every upgrade.

Yes you can use DM to upgrade and it is a lot better then OTA with the phone.

Also, if you do a complete backup thru DM you can restore your BBIM contacts if you choose to do a wipe nefore an upgrade. If you just install an upgrade over the last one, DM will automatically backup and then restore for you.
    01-13-09 02:01 PM
    You need to talk to you IT people and have them do the upgrade through the BES. You should not have to reactivate anything. I did this for three phones with the .75 update and everything worked fine. The only problem with this is that it prompts the user to allow this.
    01-13-09 02:38 PM
    You need to talk to you IT people and have them do the upgrade through the BES. You should not have to reactivate anything. I did this for three phones with the .75 update and everything worked fine. The only problem with this is that it prompts the user to allow this.
    Soo, that means that I can plead with our BES admins to eval the new OS versions and push them to end-users from the BES server? Sweet!
    Let the begg... nagging begin.
    Last edited by kirrill; 01-13-09 at 03:50 PM.
    01-13-09 03:44 PM
    I'm on bis in the uk. I get the same error. Have u upgraded to a leaked os? U may be getting the error as u have a more advanced os? That is what I'm thinking is my problem. Post here again if u find out for certain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD