If I upgrade the os, will I lose 3rd party apps.? I tried backing up using the desktop manager following the instructions from this forum but could not find the file using my pin number. Thanks for your help.
    02-26-09 01:41 PM
    I've upgraded my OS at least 4x's and havent lost any 3rd party apps. Just make sure you do a backup first. Now the file using your pin # - I've no idea there what you're talking about.
    02-26-09 02:03 PM
    I've kind of wondered this as well. The only one I worry about losing is Garmin - or that Garmin won't be activated when i upgrade. Can anyone with Garmin share their experience with upgrading?
    02-26-09 02:11 PM
    I have upgraded every leaked os and have never lost any 3rd party app (don't use garmin) Even if you lose your 3rd party app's you can download them again and just use your activation code again. If you don't have your codes you can get them from the vendor you purchased them from.
    02-26-09 02:17 PM
    this is good to know
    02-26-09 02:27 PM
    Anytime you do a full backup whether you're doing an OS upgrade or not, your third party apps are saved to the app loader.
    02-26-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD