OK I am a super noob to Blackberries. I have been trying to do some research to upgrading the OS. I am running the .75 right now. Is it really hard or is it a pretty smooth process? Is there any solid evidence that Verizon will just have one to offer here soon? What is the best as far a stability right now avalible?

Thanks for your help.
    02-18-09 10:52 PM
    Ok noob...start by learning where the search link is!

It's fairly easy to do, and if you look at the "Best OS" thread, there's a poll on what people think. I will tell you, everyone's experience is different. It almost seems that no 2 phones are alike.

My personal opinion is the .103/.106 hybrid works the best, although it may not work the best according to everyone's own preferences. It's smooth, quick, and my battery life doesn't suck.
    02-18-09 11:39 PM
    OK I am a super noob to Blackberries. I have been trying to do some research to upgrading the OS. I am running the .75 right now. Is it really hard or is it a pretty smooth process? Is there any solid evidence that Verizon will just have one to offer here soon? What is the best as far a stability right now avalible?

Thanks for your help.
    You're not the only Blackberry Noob around. I've upgraded my OS a couple times. Not that hard, just download the OS to your computer, install it on the computer, then use Desktop Manager to install it on your Storm. Be sure to use Desktop Manager to backup your current system and files before you upgrade. It takes a while for DM to install it to you phone, so be patient. There's a good link at the top of the forum with step-by- step instructions. Follow them and you'll be OK! Good Luck!
    02-19-09 12:37 AM
    That should help...as for an official OS, there are rumors, but there is no reliable word on one.

EDIT: For whatever reason, the link isn't working, just go to Storm Beta OS subforum and click on the "How to Update to a Leaked OS" thread
    Last edited by JOE91313; 02-19-09 at 12:53 AM. Reason: fix link
    02-19-09 12:49 AM
    WTF is the desktop manager? I told you I was new.
    02-19-09 01:16 AM
    If you have a PC you can upgrade the OS on your Storm.
    If you run a MAC you would need to wait till an official OS from Verizon.

Desktop Manager is the program that is used to manage your Storm with your PC.
    02-19-09 01:35 AM
    I have a PC, but do I have to download the DM somewhere. Or is it included with the CD that comes with the phone? Unfortunately the CD drive on my laptop crapped out so I haven't yet had a chance to run the CD.
    02-19-09 02:33 AM
    DM can be downloaded from the Blackberry website, but it's also on the CD that came with the phone.
    02-19-09 09:05 AM
    If you couldn't install an AP on your WRX, you'll struggle with the OS install on the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:32 AM
    I thought I had seen your name somewhere. I never had problems with my AP. Except maybe its not worth the money you pay for it.
    02-19-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD