What are the steps for upgrading to the larger media card? Has anyone run into any problems?
    03-19-09 08:58 AM
    What are the steps for upgrading to the larger media card? Has anyone run into any problems?
    Very simple.

Pop off back cover. Pull battery (don't want phone powered as a precaution).

Using fingernail slide out the existing microSD card.

Place new card in slot and slide into place.

Replace battery and cover.

You may need to format the card once the Storm is back on.
    03-19-09 09:04 AM
    The physical stuff is easy, the formatting of the card is really the part that I was asking about. If I just mimic the folder structure is that all there is to it?
    03-19-09 09:07 AM
    Very simple.

Pop off back cover. Pull battery (don't want phone powered as a precaution).

Using fingernail slide out the existing microSD card.

Place new card in slot and slide into place.

Replace battery and cover.

You may need to format the card once the Storm is back on.
    The way I upgraded mine was to put the 16g card in the phone and format it.
    Copy everything on the 8g card to a directory on my computer. Then copy everything from the computer to the 16g card. Works great.
    03-19-09 09:11 AM
    Barring issues with a card, I've never needed to format a card when putting it in for the first time - the device arts up its default folders automatically anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:24 AM
    Yea I need a 16g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:36 AM
    My 16Gb card runs fine on the Storm. When you buy the card, make sure you know whether you're getting a Class 2 ($50 or so) or Class 4 (twice as fast, $100.) Also, be sure you get the MicroSDHC, not the older and larger regular-size SD card.
    03-19-09 09:54 AM
    i've been running a 16gig card since xmas. all i had to do to format it was open desktop manager, and run the media stuff in DM.
    03-19-09 11:36 AM
    i've been running a 16gig card since xmas. all i had to do to format it was open desktop manager, and run the media stuff in DM.
    Thanks, that is is great to hear. Sounds like Desktop manager does the "heavy lifting" for us.
    03-19-09 11:39 AM
    I just removed my 8 gig card, put it in my desktop and copied the contents in a folder to the desktop. Then I inserted the 16 gig card into the desktop, downloaded the contewnts to the card and put it back in the phone. works easily and perfectly.
    03-19-09 11:52 AM
    i need 2 buy a memory card dont own 1

need money...
    03-19-09 01:03 PM
    I just inserted mine. Did not have to format anything. I added folders as needed. Couldnt be simpler.
    03-20-09 09:11 AM
    What do you have on your phone that you need a 16g card
    03-20-09 09:16 AM
    What do you have on your phone that you need a 16g card
    Probably music, videos and photos?
    03-20-09 09:23 AM
    No need to format the new card. It is already at FAT32. Just copy your 8GB data to your computer. Boot the phone once with the new 16GB installed to register it and create the default folders. Then plug it into your computer and copy the data across, overwriting the folders as needed and it is good to go. I also take out my card occasionally and back it up to the computer, just in case. This works for me.
    03-20-09 09:50 PM
    Probably music, videos and photos?
    5.2 gigs of DVD's, tons of music vids, a few songs, and a few pix.
    03-20-09 09:55 PM
    I think its time to move to a 16g. I can get them real cheap at my job. The 8gig is not bad though for a starter SD card. Some phones...I wont mention...::Ahem:: Can't even upgrade their memory..
    03-20-09 09:56 PM
    My 16Gb card runs fine on the Storm. When you buy the card, make sure you know whether you're getting a Class 2 ($50 or so) or Class 4 (twice as fast, $100.) Also, be sure you get the MicroSDHC, not the older and larger regular-size SD card.
    I looked online and found a few Class 4 cards but the websites I am not to sure about, know a well known site that has Class 4(+) 16gb cards?
    03-21-09 04:05 AM
    03-21-09 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD