I am about to upgrade to .103 from .75. I have backed up my phone in desktop manager and my 3rd party apps as well. When .103 loads and my phone reboots, will my home screen and folders all be the same or do I have to reconfigure everything on the phone? I guess I am asking what type of customization settings are saved and what aren't in the back up? Also, any kind of resetting or reprogramming with Verizon or will my phone take care of all that? Thanks.
    02-12-09 02:41 PM
    Everything will be the same. You may have to resend service books. But if you have that problem. Just go Here

Otherwise it will be fine. You are going to fall back in love with your phone!
    02-12-09 02:49 PM
    You'll be much better off with the .103 build than the others. I've been on .65, .75, .85, .90, .99, and finally .103. I've done them all through DM and have never wiped. Never had any issues with doing it this way. On .99 and .103 however, I had to manually restore my backup that the DM does when you load a new OS through it. I didn't have to do that with any of the other betas. .99 was good for me with the exception of hourglasses quite a bit. I just did .103 like 20 minutes ago and it went just as smooth as all the others, but I don't have any real experience with it yet to compare it to .99.

I always do a battery pull then *228 option 1 after I upgrade. Probably not necessary but I do it anyway.
    02-12-09 02:51 PM
    Okay, in the process of upgrading to .103 I think. I followed all the directions. In apploader, before I hit next to start to the upgrade, all the listed upgrades said either 4.7 or 4.7.0. I never saw .103 but I assume that is what I am downloading sincd I followed everything correctly? Correct? Also, been going for 10 minutes. I know it can be long but how long should I expect? Thanks.
    02-12-09 03:56 PM
    Okay, in the process of upgrading to .103 I think. I followed all the directions. In apploader, before I hit next to start to the upgrade, all the listed upgrades said either 4.7 or 4.7.0. I never saw .103 but I assume that is what I am downloading sincd I followed everything correctly? Correct? Also, been going for 10 minutes. I know it can be long but how long should I expect? Thanks.
    02-12-09 03:57 PM
    If your up for a bit of reading, you will find a plethora of info on what to expect in .103's thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...s-only-157285/
    02-12-09 04:00 PM
    I believe the wait window is anywhere from 20 to 90 min.

If you have any issues, PM me and I can help.
    02-12-09 04:02 PM
    Finished the download and so far, so good. I was under the impression I would have to do a manual backup as well as a manual restore but the apploader did both. Of course, I will always manually backup in case of an error. .103 is much faster than .75 and has some nice new features. My camera is still non-functional probably due to water damage or something. I have tried ever fix there is with no success and was hoping the upgrade would fix it. Oh well. Thanks for the help.
    02-12-09 04:18 PM
    yeah the apploader does a backup each time...you do one anyway in case of an error so you don't lose your info
    02-12-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD