I am pretty know to this whole crackberry thing but I was fooling around with my phone the other day after upgrading to .109 and noticed a few things.

1. After upgrading (Weatherbug) reset to updating every 15 min for the weather info. This drained my battery down to 20% by noon when I took my phone off the charger at 6am. After changing it back to a much longer update my battery was fine.

2. Other programs when you open them STAY open such as VZ navigator and Google Maps. If you do not go to the menu in these programs and press the "Close" button they stay open and drain battery life.

The biggest two were the VZ navigator and Weather Bug when not closed and not set right my battery life was horrible. Hope this helps.
    02-27-09 06:05 PM
    I had terrible battery life initially and I never used weatherbug and I use googlemaps with lattitude so it is on all day but after playing with some settings I now have excellent battery life with Googlemaps running all day so I would rule out Googlemaps. I also use Poynt and have excellent battery life now so I can say that I experience excellent battery life with both googlemaps and poynt running in the background?

I hope we figure it out though, for obvious reasons battery life is essential and I am very happy my problem is now gone but I know there are many people who still have a serious issue so I hope we nail it down soon.
    02-27-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks a lot for the tips, I figured the batter drain had something to with Weatherbug or it's settings. I actually removed the VZ navigator, I have no real use for it and if I need it I'll just reinstall it. Google maps is an exceptionally fine application, I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.
    02-27-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD