I upgraded last night and this morning tried to open a .xls sheet and it says "The Attachment Type cannot be viewed on Your Device"

WELL.....I could last night.........

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-08-08 11:21 AM
    Go to the desktop manager under applications and see if the apps have check marks next to them if not check them and they will load.
    12-08-08 11:24 AM
    When you upgrade BB software, you have to check Docs2go. I don't know what rocket scientist decided to make it unselected by default, especially when docs2go is an important feature to a lot of people, but you must manually select docs2go for it to be installed when you update your BB software.
    12-08-08 11:45 AM
    Loaded them....registered them.....still didn't work.

Rebooted the phone....they are gone again.
    12-08-08 11:54 AM
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Now they are back.....but still don't work
    12-08-08 11:59 AM
    so you have the program installed again? I would then open the program and then have it "open a file". That may register those file types to associate with that program
    12-08-08 12:09 PM
    so you have the program installed again? I would then open the program and then have it "open a file". That may register those file types to associate with that program
    it will open them this way, but when I try to open an attachment it gives me the same error.
    12-08-08 12:36 PM
    FIXED!!!

Thanks for all of your help guys!

BTW....I had to have VZW send service books and setup BIS account this morning.

When they do that it resets BIS and you have to put in passwords again.

If your password isn't correct, it gives you the "The Attachment Type cannot be viewed on Your Device" message......

Update Password = Problem Solved.......

Who woulda thunk it???

(Probably everyone but me)
    12-08-08 12:44 PM
    I also learned that any emails that come while you don't have the blackberry attachment service application installed can never be opened on the BB. You have to install the application using the desktop manager, and then attachments you receive after installing it will be viewable.
    01-02-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD