I loaded the new software and now I lost my calender on my today theme. Tried at least 4 battery pulls and restore and cant get it to show up anymore. Anyone know how to fix this?
    05-20-09 07:45 PM
    I loaded the new software and now I lost my calender on my today theme. Tried at least 4 battery pulls and restore and cant get it to show up anymore. Anyone know how to fix this?
    But your calendar entries show up if you open the calendar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 07:51 PM
    go to options>advanced options>default services>calendar and see if the selection there matches the email all your calendar entries uses. If not, change it.

edit: just realized this is in the storm discussion so don't know if your menus will be the exact same as mine but this same thing happened to me after I upgraded OS (I also use Today theme).
    05-20-09 08:21 PM
    Thank you BFOSTER that was it.
    05-20-09 08:29 PM
    Thank you BFOSTER that was it.
    You're welcome
    I went crazy with that and it took forever to figure it out LOL! But I cant live without my reminders so kept at it.

I've since had 2 other calendar issues so would suggest keeping an up to date backup so you don't have to go through some of the things I've had to go through
    It would have been nice to just reinstall from backup as there's usually not a lot of help from CB.
    05-20-09 09:21 PM
    You're welcome
    I went crazy with that and it took forever to figure it out LOL! But I cant live without my reminders so kept at it.

I've since had 2 other calendar issues so would suggest keeping an up to date backup so you don't have to go through some of the things I've had to go through
    It would have been nice to just reinstall from backup as there's usually not a lot of help from CB.
    bfoster or anyone...do you know how to get rid of multiple calendars? ...I'd like to use my gmail one, but i have the deafult one, gmail, vzw.blackberry one, and facebook. If I select calendar to view, it works but next time I go back, it displays things in triplicate.

Thanks in advance!
    05-20-09 09:27 PM
    bfoster or anyone...do you know how to get rid of multiple calendars? ...I'd like to use my gmail one, but i have the deafult one, gmail, vzw.blackberry one, and facebook. If I select calendar to view, it works but next time I go back, it displays things in triplicate.

Thanks in advance!
    I really don't know how to help on this one because when doing the OS upgrade it transferred everything to the other email on it's own (I still never figured out WHY it did this, or HOW it determined this email account which I use as a junk mail account for online was the account it should use but that's what it switched mine to).

If you change the email addy when entering calendar entries you will end up with more calendars, that's the only thing I do know ....

I keep the view at "ALL" selected instead of selecting any ONE and keep the default calendar in the options>advanced options to the one with all the calendar enteries because it doesn't really affect anything for me (ie I don't email it them to anyone, I'm not on BES etc).

I like things simple and the newest OS seems to complicate things LOL but I pared it down quite a bit so at times I don't know if problems are caused by something I've deleted or if it's the OS

If you don't have a lot of entries, honestly, the only thing I know is just reenter (copy/paste) under correct/default email addy and delete the wrong one. I actually DID have some change automatically but don't know how... either I dismissed or reentered the time, IDK, havent been able to reproduce it again so not sure what happened LOL! But I KNOW these items were under the incorrect before ('default device') and afterwards switched to the email addy.

Kinda of pouting in NY right now so probably won't fool with it till I get back home but when/if I figure it out will post right away cause I know how much this is a PITA!
    05-23-09 07:50 PM

Thanks in advance!
    I only use one calendar, but I remember seeing something about this in the last few weeks. You might try a search on calendar or multiple calendars and see if a solution shows up.
    05-23-09 11:38 PM
    Could someone explain what the CICALs are?

I use Google sync for my calendar because of issues sync'ing with my Mac. In order to get rid of an error that said I had multiple sync clients running, someone on the google board suggested I delete the CICALs and use the Default calendar. That has worked perfectly so far.

However, I'm wondering if I will be able to accept a meeting invite. Could someone enlighten me?

Also, If I need one, how do I get the CICAL back? Right now there are none listed in the Service Books list.

I'm still running the stock OS from Verizon, if that matters.

Should I open a thread on this question? I haven't found anything searching yet.

Thanks.
    05-24-09 12:00 AM
    thanks for the replies...will check it out
    05-24-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD