I just upgraded on blackberry's site and near the end of the upgrade my computer showed an error and rebooted. It was suppose to backup all my files during the upgrade but it's not noticing that it was not done the upgrade! It says it's upgraded successfully! I have zero contacts, bbm contacts, passwords saved, tasks, my e-mails no longer show their icons yet are still active and will show up in the message icon box when I receive a new e-mail. Help! All my sms, e-mails from previous are missing as well. This is not cool..
    05-31-09 03:34 PM
    Always, always, always do a manual backup before upgrading....if you have a backup it will be in my documents as an .ipd file with todays date....
    05-31-09 03:36 PM
    How do I load it? I have one. Will this bring me back to the other OS or just update my original settings/files? There is light at the end of the tunnel..
    05-31-09 03:38 PM
    It will restore your contacts. messages, sms etc.....it will not mess with the OS open dm then restore....under backup/restore
    05-31-09 03:40 PM
    I had the same thing happen. What do I do with this file that I have so that I can restore my contacts.
    05-31-09 04:38 PM
    the upgrade wiped out all of that and my browser!
    Luckily, I had it all backed up. The Application Loader told me to look for the .idp file. It even told me where I stored it.
    I got everything back.. except for my browser.
    A quick call to Verizon, and I got that working within 2 minutes.

The update makes a world of difference on the way the phone behaves! I love it!
    05-31-09 04:43 PM
    Are we talking official Verizon .148 here or a leaked version?
    05-31-09 04:45 PM
    Assuming you used desktop manager to do the upgrade? Open desktop manager-> backup and restore-> Restore. You should see a file to restore called LoaderBackup-(date of your install).ipd. Choose that and continue the restore. Should put all your 3rd party apps and databases back on without affecting the operating system.
    05-31-09 04:46 PM
    I lost my browser to just do a battery pull and I got my browser back also lost all contacts to but got it back in the desk top manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 04:48 PM
    Resend your service books and your browser will show back up. Always backup you phone anytime you do anything on your phone that has to do with any system files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 05:12 PM
    Question...I ran the restore after the OS upgrade and it added back my messages and contacts, but none of my 3rd party apps? Any ideas as to why this would happen? I've tried restoring from two separate backups now and no luck.
    05-31-09 05:28 PM
    Backup does not backup 3rd party apps...there are stickys about the 3rd party apps......
    05-31-09 06:13 PM
    I had the same problem with the browser and other apps. I did a manual battery pull ,it seemed to do the trick.
    05-31-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD