Hello fellow crackberry addicts. This is my first actual post, though I have enjoyed reading the threads on here for some time now.

My situation/dilemma is as follows:

Backed up all of my files,settings and 3rd party apps so I could load .109 OS leak
    (i was previously using the .109 hybrid and had no problems)

Once that was done I then proceeded to wipe my storm via the JL application without a hitch

I then loaded the .109, restored my files and 3rd party apps and everything looks and feels great save for the fact that I no longer have the browser icon. (i can however launch it with Quicklaunch) I am also getting the "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries".

Oh! It might do well to note that this occurs even after I did a battery pull.

Any suggestions?
    02-25-09 04:00 AM
    Resend service books under email settings I had the same problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:06 AM
    Resend service books under email settings I had the same problem

Thanks! Hmm but now when I try to access email settings it says:

"Your device had a problem connecting to the server"
    02-25-09 04:15 AM
    I had that problem too and a battery pull worked for that, I would try that again.

02-25-09 04:18 AM
    Okay I will keep at it. Thanks again Roxy
    02-25-09 04:20 AM
    Yeah I had the same thing happen. I sent my books right after upgrading, but my browser icon didn't show, so I did a battery pull and re-sent my books and it showed up.

02-25-09 04:22 AM
    No problem, hope it works, I know how frustrating it is, then the relief ya feel when it finally gets fixed.

02-25-09 04:24 AM
    I posted the "long" way o. How tp get the browser back. Please search for "missing browser".

02-25-09 05:46 AM
    Easy way options adv options host routing table bb menu key register now

02-25-09 08:05 AM
    I cant make a phone call using .109. unless I use handsfree headphone
    02-25-09 11:12 AM
    Hello fellow crackberry addicts. This is my first actual post, though I have enjoyed reading the threads on here for some time now.

My situation/dilemma is as follows:

Backed up all of my files,settings and 3rd party apps so I could load .109 OS leak
    (i was previously using the .109 hybrid and had no problems)

Once that was done I then proceeded to wipe my storm via the JL application without a hitch

I then loaded the .109, restored my files and 3rd party apps and everything looks and feels great save for the fact that I no longer have the browser icon. (i can however launch it with Quicklaunch) I am also getting the "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries".

Oh! It might do well to note that this occurs even after I did a battery pull.

Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem, just resend service books, it worked like a champ for me.
    02-25-09 12:02 PM
    Easy way options adv options host routing table bb menu key register now

Funny thing is that I did that out of desperation and agitation (5 battery pulls that yield the same results can do that to you ). I had no idea it would fix the problem but it did, thankfully.

Just want to thank everyone who was kind of enough to offer their suggestions and help on the matter. When faced faced with the humbling truth that you're not as tech savvy as you had previously deemed yourself to be, it's nice to come to a community of people who are willing to offer genuine help!
    02-25-09 04:25 PM
    The Storm has been setup to try and request the standard service books if they are not already on the handheld it seems on startup, but sometimes after an OS upgrade it doesn't always happen. I've not had it fail on me, but others have. Obviously, now you'll be able to fix the issue next time it happens.
    02-25-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD