I am currently a happy owner of the Storm 9550 running on Bell Mobility (Canada). With the release of the storm 3 and blackberry 6 approaching I am planning on Bell not letting me upgrade for free. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas strategies how i can convince hem to let me upgrade i.e Threaten to leave haha
    07-29-10 08:23 PM
    Not familiar with Bell but I'll tell you what I hope to do when S3 comes out on VZW: add a second line for $5 ILO upgrading since I'm not due for a while. Playing the threat card isn't the easiest or best way to seek an upgrade so maybe you should see if you can add a line to an account and get an S3 that way, then sell your S2 online to off set the cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 08:36 PM
    Ahhh yes...

Trying to get a phone that technically doesn't exist for free? Sounds like a lot of work to me. We have seen no pics, and no real specs on it.

Why don't you just wait until it's released or at least confirmed to see how you're going to get it?
    07-29-10 08:37 PM
    Technically it'll be a Storm 2 "refresh", you might be getting a better unit by getting the 9800 between Aug 15 and Octobor whenever it releases to Canadian carriers. Threatening to leave usually doesn't work, and with Bell's new $30 for 6gig data on iPhone don't be surprised for them to try and convince you to move to an iPhone 4.
    07-29-10 09:14 PM
    sorry for the off topic,but how long before you can upgrade a phone?
    2 years or 3
    thanks
    07-29-10 09:24 PM
    That phone doesn't even exist.....
    07-29-10 09:40 PM
    2 years or 3
    thanks
    It's New Every TWO at Verizon...you can "upgrade" every year, but the largest discount is at the 2 year date.
    07-29-10 09:50 PM
    2 years or 3
    thanks
    On Bell it depends on the length of your contract.
    07-30-10 01:06 AM
    so this 'refresh' people talking about will be a new storm 2 coming out this fall?
    07-30-10 01:44 AM
    Hope its not the exact same BlackBerry as the S2. I've heard its thinner, but there will be a lot of things most S2 owners want but just won't see on the S3... Ill probably get it anyway.

07-30-10 04:47 AM
    I am currently a happy owner of the Storm 9550 running on Bell Mobility (Canada). With the release of the storm 3 and blackberry 6 approaching I am planning on Bell not letting me upgrade for free. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas strategies how i can convince hem to let me upgrade i.e Threaten to leave haha
    That's certainly a good "plan." No manufacturer is going to let you upgrade for nothing, and, like it was already pointed out, threatening to leave does not work - that's like negotiating with terrorists - if they do it for one person then everybody would expect the same treatment. I will be VERY happy if Verizon allows us to "refresh" for a reasonable fee, make us extend our contract, and still give me my NE2 in June 2011; that way if a real S3 comes out, I still have the option to upgrade.
    07-30-10 08:08 AM
    i loive it when people try to rip off carriers.
    07-30-10 01:43 PM
    i loive it when people try to rip off carriers.
    Me too. But I'm actually serious.

07-31-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD