05-27-09 10:23 PM
30 12
tools
    Just a phone!?!?!? Ahhhh the horror! It is apex of my communicative device history, the crowning jewel of my mobile gadget collection, the raw essence of my inner tech dork. Um...wow I think I need some sort of support group as my obsession is really getting out of hand.

What I mean was that my Storm...and my husband's...have both been fantastic on 75 since day 1, so it wasn't like upgrading to 148 fixed so much or made such a drastic difference...because nothing was broken or running poorly. Just a few nice little advancements.

But from what I read here a lot of people do have bugs in 75 and the leaks prior to 148 so this upgrade probably is a significant change for them.

Glad .75 was working OK for you. I had no temptation to return the phone but I kept .75 for way too long though. Not just because of the OS speed or lack thereof but the real bugs that are in that OS (yes they all have bugs). Your .75 had the same bugs as mine.

Yes there is a difference between some devices for example I just got one for my wife and daughter and one had no click at all around the screen edge. That is a physical problem not OS.

I finally changed (to .122) so that I could use sound on a 3rd party alarm program and have the camera take an image in less than 5 seconds and a few other things. It is also nice features added (not bugs) to have the edit cursor large and the option of portrait qwerty which I rarely use.

I haven't upgraded beyond .122 YET but plan to do so after I upgrade the 2 new Storms in the house.

Again glad you love your Storm even on .75!
    05-27-09 08:30 PM
    if .148 is beta then I would not recommended it. best thing is official release then no worries with the storm just like I have with bell , I use official release .122 and works really good so far and no problem whatsoever. can you imagine that I did download themes and still no problem too. it is because I use official release from bell mobility and I did make the right choice.
    what a poosy
    05-27-09 09:28 PM
    just because bell made it official doesn't mean squat if your carrier isn't bell. every carrier has their own standards and prioritites. bell approved an OS that doesn't allow you to forward mms or send mms that includes a picture that wasn't taken with your device. that doesn't sound very good to me, but its an official for someone, somewhere...
    05-27-09 09:56 PM
    You said .148 but on the link it only goes to .141
    05-27-09 10:21 PM
    yeah, they haven't updated the list. go to the OS subforum. there is a thread with the download for .148.
    05-27-09 10:23 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD