S2 320 Telus in Ontario, Canada
    I use my S2 for business applications mostly and having a couple of issues that may be solved with an OS upgrade.

I am having dropped calls. Not a lot but enough to be a nusuance.

SMS has an error code that I cannot fix. The "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointException"

What are the risks of upgrading and what is the most stable OS at this point?

Is this going to cause me grief with Telus?

Comments and suggestions welcome.
    05-04-10 11:11 PM
    No risk at all.
    If you don't like it, you can always go back to .320
    05-05-10 12:06 AM
    I guess you have a 9550 and 607 is the latest official OS for it. But it seems to be buggy for lot of people. So I would recommend you to try 517 and see whether it is any good for you.

Backup the device and remember to delete the vendor.xml file. You can install any 9550 OS released by any carrier.

Hope the upgrade will fix all your current issues. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 03:31 AM
    Definitely go .517. Way less headache, and (I find) better battery life.
    05-05-10 04:25 AM
    607 is great for me...highly recommended

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 09:29 AM
    As Jake mentioned you can always go back to the stock Telus OS.

Make sure you backup prior to upgrading and then given 517 or 602 a try and see which one works best for you.

People get different results for each, so no one is going to be able to tell you which one to use.

In either case they are both WAY better than 320. It's nothing but up from there.
    05-05-10 10:56 AM
    I havent had any problems with 607 yet it actually saved my phone, but then again I think just wiping and reinstalling was all it needed
    05-05-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD