I just upgraded from .75 to .132. Everything is working except the internet. When I check my Service Status it says I'm connected to everything. I can pull up Crackberry mobile, but any other site I try doesn't work. Any Ideas?

Edit: I just tried Crackberry and I can see the main page, but I can't get past there. It's like the internet is not working.
    Last edited by bencurry; 05-15-09 at 10:15 AM. Reason: update
    05-15-09 10:13 AM
    I just upgraded from .75 to .132. Everything is working except the internet. When I check my Service Status it says I'm connected to everything. I can pull up Crackberry mobile, but any other site I try doesn't work. Any Ideas?

Edit: I just tried Crackberry and I can see the main page, but I can't get past there. It's like the internet is not working.

You need to resend your service books, do the following:

options->advanced options->host routing table->bb button->register now

That should bring you back. The first time I upgraded my OS I lost my browser icon all together, and after I did the above step, everything works great.

BTW, I would definitely recommend Lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid, it's fantastic
    05-15-09 10:27 AM
    OK I did that, how long does it take for it to take effect? I tried right after I did that and it's still not working.

I'm planning on jumping up to Lyricidal's .141/5.0 but I had to get it to .132 first.

Thanks for the help, you da man!
    05-15-09 10:31 AM
    When all else fails....

Ye ol battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:35 AM
    When all else fails....

Ye ol battery pull

That's what I'm trying right now. I probably should have done that before I started to play with the new OS. My fingers are crossed!

Alright It's working!!!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!!
    05-15-09 10:38 AM
    Funny part of this whole story is...

I work in an IT department. The first thing we tell users to do for ANY problem is reboot their PC / Device. I guess I should have listened to what I've been telling everyone for years. LOL

Thanks again for all the help. I'm going to try to jump up to the 5.0 hybrid now. Wish me luck!
    05-15-09 10:47 AM
    That's what I'm trying right now. I probably should have done that before I started to play with the new OS. My fingers are crossed!

Alright It's working!!!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!!
    ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do a battery pull after installing an OS.

ALWAYS....

ALWAYS.

05-15-09 10:49 AM
    I guess I should have listened to what I've been telling everyone for years. LOL
    Classic case of 'Do as I say not as I do'

05-15-09 10:54 AM
    Classic case of 'Do as I say not as I do'

LOL You're telling me! If I had a dollar for every time a reboot fixed a problem for me... Well I'd have some dollars! I'm going for the .141 / 5.0 Hybrid now. Let's hope my luck carries over from the .132. If not I'm sure you'll be hearing from me .

Thanks again for the help
    05-15-09 11:15 AM
    Yep storm is a mini computer.

05-15-09 11:28 AM
    Well just wanted to thank everyone for the support in my first upgrade to my storm. The .141 / 5.0 upgrade is as fast as lightning! Thanks again for the help! If you ever need help with anything never hesitate to ask!
    05-15-09 03:21 PM
    Power to the people!!

05-15-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD