upgrade os

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i really wanna up grade from .75 to the lastest leaked os..i am pretty confident i can do this.the only problem i fear is that after it is complete somethings like my brower and other things may not show up..this would mean i would have to sit home today and try to fix these problems..i have 2 questions to ask..how many people had to replace things that did not show up on the new os( browser email and whatever else).and can i add my third party apps after i feel the new os is working well on my phone.i already did a back up of all my stuff and the third party apps...can you point me to a thread that will help me add my third party apps to my phone...remember that i am not asking how to back up my third party apps i am asking how do i add them to my phone thru dm..maybe you guys can convince me to upgrade..i am also very skeptical of doing this because my .75 is pretty damn solid..i have never had my phone reboot on me .not even once..and my battery life is nothing short of awesome..these are 2 changes that would make me regret changing..the phone can be laggy from time to time but i really think i could live with it..i wanna upgrade because i like to have the lastest and best..thanks for reading my nonsense..any suggestions would be nice
    03-28-09 12:40 PM
    upgrade os

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i really wanna up grade from .75 to the lastest leaked os..i am pretty confident i can do this.the only problem i fear is that after it is complete somethings like my brower and other things may not show up..this would mean i would have to sit home today and try to fix these problems..i have 2 questions to ask..how many people had to replace things that did not show up on the new os( browser email and whatever else).and can i add my third party apps after i feel the new os is working well on my phone.i already did a back up of all my stuff and the third party apps...can you point me to a thread that will help me add my third party apps to my phone...remember that i am not asking how to back up my third party apps i am asking how do i add them to my phone thru dm..maybe you guys can convince me to upgrade..i am also very skeptical of doing this because my .75 is pretty damn solid..i have never had my phone reboot on me .not even once..and my battery life is nothing short of awesome..these are 2 changes that would make me regret changing..the phone can be laggy from time to time but i really think i could live with it..i wanna upgrade because i like to have the lastest and best..thanks for reading my nonsense..any suggestions would be nice
    Start with .109. Very stable.
    As far as installing third party apps, your DM will do this with the restore feature. If I'm not mistaken. when restoring, your DM will que you to browse which folder to look in and select what folder to install. It's all relative. If you do the backups correctly, you won't have any problems. Now as far as being skeptical, your going to have to adjust. There will be things you like. (Lock feature, edit function, qwerty in portriat. etc etc...) lag time is greatly reduced. in .109 and .113. Go ahead and get your feet wet.

Do the battery pull after the install.
    Upon rebooting phone after pull, Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB button>Register now.

When I installed .109 my DM brought all my 3rd party apps along with the install.

Good Luck
    03-28-09 01:04 PM
    What is the OS.113?
    03-28-09 01:30 PM
    What is the OS.113?
    It's a beta OS. Read some threads
    03-28-09 01:35 PM
    thanks mepascal.
    03-28-09 03:12 PM
    riot...also just fyi i have done several upgrades for myself, my wife, and friends at work. the times i have done the upgrades when there was signal on the phone everything worked fine. the 2 times i upgraded for friends there was no signal so the broswer and email didnt work. once signal came back to their phones they let them sit for a few minutes and the browser and email stuff came back on their own. its really easy to get them back even if they dont show up. dont be scared to do it. its easy and you will like the phone WAY more!
    03-28-09 03:15 PM
    I would try .113. Very stable for me. I'm using it right now and I upgraded from .75. Best leaked os that does not require building a hybrid IMO. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD