Hi all,

Rang up today to cancel my existing Storm contract with 6 months to go and to stay with Vodafone I was offered a Storm 2 at a cost of �140 but I had to agree to a contract extension of 9 months in return.

This offer is only available to people with less than 6 months left of their contract.

I declined.

Messa
    05-23-09 02:46 PM
    storm 2 isn't available yet
    05-23-09 02:49 PM
    storm 2 isn't available yet
    Erm, I know that Sherlock.

:P
    05-23-09 03:13 PM
    so then what is the point of your post? voda is offering a currently unavailable device as a save tool?

or are they offering time travel to when the storm 2 is available?
    05-23-09 03:24 PM
    OH!!!! its a joke....

i get jokes...
    05-23-09 03:25 PM
    so then what is the point of your post? voda is offering a currently unavailable device as a save tool?

or are they offering time travel to when the storm 2 is available?
    Surely its not beyond comprehension that the 'upgrade' applies when the phone is available?

I mean, what is so ridiculous about a post stating what the 'upgrade' cost is going to be, to move from the Storm to the new version ?

Do you want me to type slower?

Ahhhhh, I get it !! I am seen as a n00b and this is what 'old sweats' do to new posters, they try and assert their authority by being prissy and picky about posts !!

I may be new here but I aint a n00by pal.

So, to reword it for the great unwashed, WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE the Strorm 2 can be had for �140 and a 9 month extension, if you have 6 months or less on your contract.

There, that wasn't too hard was it?

Messa
    05-23-09 03:33 PM
    i have no intention of "giving you a hard time"...you don't have to be defensive. i'm trying to clarify for you.

so you're stating that they're pre-emptively setting a price and an option to upgrade for a device that isn't even done with development?

like a pre-order?
    05-23-09 03:40 PM
    Messa
    So many people say things in different ways according to their age or region or both....
    Is it so hard to say what you mean, mean what you say but, don't say it mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blastco2; 05-23-09 at 03:46 PM.
    05-23-09 03:41 PM
    it just seems like you're overly-combative, so i'll leave you to your 6 month wait for the storm 2. enjoy!

or cheers

or whatever
    05-23-09 03:43 PM
    i have no intention of "giving you a hard time"...you don't have to be defensive. i'm trying to clarify for you.

so you're stating that they're pre-emptively setting a price and an option to upgrade for a device that isn't even done with development?

like a pre-order?
    Using expressions like 'time warp' is not trying to clarify anything.

I am not being defensive I really don't care how you see it. I came here with 100% genuine information and the best interest of other UK storm owners at heart but as you are unable to accept that you dismiss it as false. Thats fine but the info is still here for other people to consider.

Of course the Storm 2 isn't out, I mean, do we even need to go there?

What vodafone are doing is offering incentives on a future upgrade to entice the disillusioned to stay. They didn't say when the deal would be available, just that it would be.

Messa
    05-23-09 03:51 PM
    Assumng what you say is true....

That's just plain stupid.

Offering you a phone that has no release date...that no one knows anything about....and you can't try out???

Sounds like a Verizon company.

Oh wait...

They are....

05-23-09 03:56 PM

Man its hot in here!
    05-23-09 03:59 PM
    Assumng what you say is true....

Well, I can't convince you pal, either it is or it ins't.

Of course I would look really stuid for making this post on the Vodafone webby if I was lying .....

Storm 2 Upgrade Info - Vodafone eForum

Lets have a nice cup of tea.

05-23-09 04:00 PM

Of course I would look really stuid for making this post on the Vodafone webby if I was lying .....

Oh, Oh! I love tea!
    05-23-09 04:03 PM
    Oh, Oh! I love tea!
    And I love Publix cream cakes, lets get in on !!!!!!

05-23-09 04:04 PM
    And I love Publix cream cakes, lets get in on !!!!!!

05-23-09 04:07 PM

Ummm.....'Pal'...i wasn't calling you a liar.

However, did you read post #4 in that thread you started there???

And I'll pass on the tea.

05-23-09 05:19 PM
    This just looks like a big misunderstanding on both your parts.
    Settle down, calm thyselves and smile

Bring on the tea.

Earl Grey anyone?
    05-23-09 05:29 PM

Bring on the tea.

Earl Grey anyone?
    Only if its from Long Island

05-23-09 05:33 PM
    Ummm.....'Pal'...i wasn't calling you a liar.

However, did you read post #4 in that thread you started there???

And I'll pass on the tea.

Of course I read post #4, in fact I digested it.

Its the one where you make flippant comments in an attempt to discredit what I have said, to imply that I have made it up as it is not logical to offer a phone that isn't even in production yet.

I am really trying here, in a similar way to a teacher struggling with the bullish ****** who cannot grasp algebra (no offence intended), but I cannot say it in many more ways than I already have.

That is what Vodafone themselves told me.

You don't have to believe me, thats your choice, all I am doing is passing on the info for absolutely no personal gain whatsoever.

If you believe me then thats hunky dorey (to use a UK expression), but if you don't thats tough sh*t (to use an international expression).

Thank you.

05-23-09 05:38 PM
    a verizon rep once said "new storm OS in two weeks"

need i say more?
    05-23-09 05:41 PM
    a verizon rep once said "new storm OS in two weeks"

need i say more?
    No, but I thought that quite a few posts back.
    05-23-09 06:07 PM
    so where is the website substantiating that Voda is offering you a storm 2? or a screen shot of "the email" you were sent? anything at all?
    05-23-09 06:09 PM
    so where is the website substantiating that Voda is offering you a storm 2? or a screen shot of "the email" you were sent? anything at all?
    So which bit of "Rang up today to cancel my existing Storm contract" are you struggling with Forrest ?

Messa
    05-23-09 06:15 PM
    Of course I read post #4, in fact I digested it.

Its the one where you make flippant comments in an attempt to discredit what I have said, to imply that I have made it up as it is not logical to offer a phone that isn't even in production yet.

I am really trying here, in a similar way to a teacher struggling with the bullish ****** who cannot grasp algebra (no offence intended), but I cannot say it in many more ways than I already have.

That is what Vodafone themselves told me.

You don't have to believe me, thats your choice, all I am doing is passing on the info for absolutely no personal gain whatsoever.

If you believe me then thats hunky dorey (to use a UK expression), but if you don't thats tough sh*t (to use an international expression).

Thank you.

ok....as i said in my last post...IM NOT CALLIN YOU A LIAR. that was a figure of speech (to use a US expression) due to all the bait posts that come in here about the Storm 2. to be honest with you, whether i believe it or not, i really dont give a flyin sh!t (to use another US expression) what they told you. the fact that they're so desperate to keep you or anyone else as a customer that they would go as far as to offer you a deal on a phone that doesn't even exist is bullishly ******** (to use a MESSA expression). for you to believe em to the point that you would come into a Blackberry forum that's widespread with trolls and misinformation on the Storm 2 cuz people think they know everything and post it expecting to 'inform' other Vodafone users what the cost will be for a 9 month contract extension when you have 6 months left or whatever the f*** it was, is beyond comprehension. I mean, dude...be real. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE COST OF ANYTHING WILL BE. PERIOD. don't get on my a$$ just because i MAY think what you say is crap, whether its because you're lyin about it or whether i think Vodafone is a sh!t company for tryin to pull somethin like that.

its a ******** thread in my opinion. all its gonna do is start more rumors and widespread mayhem on a subject thats already out of control....over a phone that doesn't even exist yet.
    05-23-09 06:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD