I upgraded to the new leaked 591 on my storm 9530 now I don't recieve emails on my BB. I can send them just fine. I have 2 different accounts set up on my phone a web exchange account and a gmail account. Email is about the only thing I use on my phone, so with it not working I have no use for the phone.

I'm pretty sure I got a couple emails yesterday after the upgrade but maybe not since I haven't gotten 1 email today on my BB. Before anyone asks, YES I checked both accounts and I have recieved emails today, just not showing up on my BB.

I have delete both accounts off my BB and readded them and still nothing.

Anyone else having issue or suggestions.
    Scarr
    04-29-10 09:51 AM
    did U *22899 activate?

What about:

options>mobile network>BB Button>Diagnostics Test>BB Button>Run... (this registers your Host Routing Tables, and redownloads service books)?
    Last edited by CrackBurglar; 04-29-10 at 10:00 AM.
    04-29-10 09:56 AM
    I didn't do the *22899 but I did do the options>mobile network>BB Button>Diagnostics Test>BB Button>Run

I'll give the *22899 a try now and post back later.

No luck, sending works fine, just can't recieve.
    04-29-10 10:02 AM
    Resend Service books by running Email Setup and going into Help/Send Service Books. If that doesn't work, go in and delete the email service books from Options/Advanced Service books and then resend them again via step one in this post.
    04-29-10 11:03 AM
    Tried resending the service books and still can't recieve emails but I'm able to send them just fine.

I'm at a loss of what is happening with my email. I'm thinking about downgrading back to my old OS. I would rather keep this OS it's working better then my old one but i need email to work.

Thanks for all the help.
    04-29-10 11:15 AM
    Did you delete the service books in qestion per the second part of my post as I said?
    04-29-10 11:27 AM
    Yes, each account has 2 services books 1 has a lock that I can't delete and the other 1 I can delete.

Email1 [CICAL] - no lock
    Email2 [CICAL] - no lock

Email1 [CMIME] - lock
    Email2 [CMIME] - lock

I delete the 2 without locks and resent. I'm starting to think I may be SOL on this one.

Thanks
    Last edited by scarr105; 04-29-10 at 12:11 PM.
    04-29-10 12:04 PM
    Got it fix, but don't like the way I had to do it.

I downloaded and still it would not work, so I reset to factory Defaults. Set up my emails and they started working, so I then upgraded back to 591 and it looks like my email is working again.

Now I need to download all my apps again or atleast the ones that I don't have backed up.

Thanks for all the help.
    04-29-10 05:53 PM
    Yes, each account has 2 services books 1 has a lock that I can't delete and the other 1 I can delete.

Email1 [CICAL] - no lock
    Email2 [CICAL] - no lock

Email1 [CMIME] - lock
    Email2 [CMIME] - lock

I delete the 2 without locks and resent. I'm starting to think I may be SOL on this one.

Thanks
    CICAL is Calendar.

CMIME is email. So, if you couldn't delete those, then that was probably an issue with the Service Books database. You didn't need to do all of what you did. I didn't see your post in sufficient time otherwise I would have told you the next step is to plug into DM and go into Backup/Restore/Advanced and "Clear" the Service Book database on the phone. Once that's done, you reregister the HRT and resend email service books from BIS portal or by running Email Setup on the phone (similar to instructions in the posts above). That would have fixed your issues.
    04-29-10 09:10 PM
    CICAL is Calendar.

CMIME is email. So, if you couldn't delete those, then that was probably an issue with the Service Books database. You didn't need to do all of what you did. I didn't see your post in sufficient time otherwise I would have told you the next step is to plug into DM and go into Backup/Restore/Advanced and "Clear" the Service Book database on the phone. Once that's done, you reregister the HRT and resend email service books from BIS portal or by running Email Setup on the phone (similar to instructions in the posts above). That would have fixed your issues.
    Thanks Civic! I decided to finally upgrade last night and didn't notice until this morning that I had no e-mails. Figured someone on here would have a simple solution and you did. Thanks again!
    04-30-10 08:39 AM
    CICAL is Calendar.

I just noticed that I haven't gotten any e-mails since I updated either. Is there a way to fix it without plugging into DM? I'm at work and don't have my netbook with DM here with me today.
    04-30-10 08:49 AM
    i am unable to receive any emails or connect to the internet since late last night. Civic, i tried to connect to DM and clear the Service Book but it was grayed out due to my BES policy i'm assuming. Any other suggestions?? I upgraded to .591 maybe 2 days ago and haven't had an issue until the internet died on me last night..

Thanks in advance!
    04-30-10 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD