Can someone please explaine to me how i can update my storm 9530?
    does my phone lock if i update to last version of software (please be sure when you answer me on this question) ?
    how do i know does my storm now running on leaked or official software? because i think that my full qwerty looks little bit different than others?
    And last questions is those it metter on which software (leaked or official) is my storm unlocked? (because if he is unlocked on leaked version does he lock if i update to official version?)

Please help me, i'm all new in this, and this is my first blackberry..i never done something like this before.. i really need explanation step-by-step..

thank you..
    sorry on my bad english
    04-11-10 04:57 PM
    1) an unlock phone will always be unlocked
    2) go to options > about > read 3rd line; go to ur carriers site (or here on cb lol) and u can check what's leaked and what's official
    3) a locked or unlocked bb can run leaked or official os
    04-11-10 05:29 PM
    when you download from the official site, do you have to erase de vendor file if you are using it in another carrier??
    04-11-10 09:18 PM
    It never hurts to erase the vendor.xml file. You have to erase it to use an OS from a carrier other than the one branded in your phone. It is safe to always erase it.
    04-11-10 09:24 PM
    when you download from the official site, do you have to erase de vendor file if you are using it in another carrier??
    You will download the OS you want, then delete the vendor .xml file which is found in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader/vendor.xml if you are running XP or C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader/vendor.xml if you are running Vista or 7.
    04-11-10 09:27 PM
    tnx for quick answers...i did my update and evrything is fine..tnx so much..
    04-15-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD