Anyone had trouble updating their OTA PRL when using a OS from a different provider? I am currently using .607 (Verizon) OS on my Telus 9550 and can't update my PRL OTA; keeps telling me I am not eligible for an OTA upgrade. Telus says that it's likely because I'm running the OS of an other provider (Verizon) Thoughts???????

Thanks
    04-18-10 10:12 PM
    Your PRL gets updated via dialing from your dialpad, not OTA. You are confusing the two. A PRL update allows your phone to have the latest cell tower information, among other things. You might want to try dialing *228 (for VZW), or contact your provider and ask them. It is typically the activation code when you receive a new phone.
    04-19-10 04:37 PM
    not sure how different the storm is but on my 8530 i update my PRL by options icon>mobile network>click the menu key>and Update Preferred List... that gives me the new PRL...
    04-19-10 04:41 PM
    I have this same issue and have ran into it since I bought the phone. But I never don't have a leak running so I dunno. (on Telus as well). I think it's just an issue with them and the S2 personally, I don't know anyone who's been able to get their Telus PRL's updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 07:30 PM
    did you guys delete the vendor file when you loaded the OS from VZW?
    04-19-10 07:31 PM
    The method for updating the PRL is carrier dependent. *228 Option 2 works for Verizon. For Telus, you'll just have to call them and ask. Or if they have a store near you, go by. Or perhaps a Telus user will know. It won't matter what OS you are running. I ran the Telus 4.5.0.nnn on my Verizon 8830. *228 Option 2 still worked, because I was using Verizon service.
    04-19-10 10:35 PM
    Tks guys for useful info on the PRL.

Good Luck
    04-19-10 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the help people, but so far no luck.

Glad to hear someone else has the same problem............ Downgraded to the official Telus OS and tried it that way, but still no luck so I'm pretty sure it's not a software issue, not even sure it's a hardware (phone) issue, might be the way Telus is setting up the programming?????

R...

I have this same issue and have ran into it since I bought the phone. But I never don't have a leak running so I dunno. (on Telus as well). I think it's just an issue with them and the S2 personally, I don't know anyone who's been able to get their Telus PRL's updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 11:30 PM
    That's what I meant when I said it just seems to be an issue between them (Telus) and the S2. *22803 or whatever the Telus' Activation / PRL number is worked fine with my 9530 and all other devices before that, it's just the 9550 it seems, which is incredibly annoying. Of course, taking it to a Telus vendor or store just leads to those ******* dialing it, saying it doesn't work, and to try it again later. Thanks, guys!

And pshift, Telus' automated voice actually says "You are not eligible for an OTA PRL update." OP wasn't confusing it. That's actually what Telus calls it.

This is not an issue with misinformation, Vendor files, or anything like that. It is simply an issue with Telus and the 9550, it seems. Regardless of where taken or activation numbers dialed, there is apparently no working method to update the PRL on a TELUS 9550.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-22-10 at 10:07 AM.
    04-20-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD