First I have tried to update my OS 3 or so times. This last time was to .131 as the start to going to a hybrid. I wanted to play around to see how it ran first because when I upgraded to .141 my dock stopped working I wanted to try it again.

I updated at home and when I got to work today and sync'd everything seemed fine. But Desktop Manager asked if I wanted to update my Core Applications. The first 2 or 3 times I canceled but I tried it and it failed. Fatal exception, etc. occured and then it crapped out.

If I am running a leaked OS should I never asked DM to upgrade my core apps. Everytime I got the OS updated DM would do this but I haven't noticed anyone else having these issues.

Thanks
    05-14-09 03:20 PM
    It is a common issue. Just cancel or delete the OS from your computer or rename the Shared folder and the message will stop.
    05-14-09 03:54 PM
    Hmm. Ok so I guess it will always want me to go back to .75? And if I NEVER click Yes to that screen the BB will not die?

I am on home computer now so the only thing in the Shared folder is .132. Could there be additional OS' in the shared folder on the computer that gave me this issue?

Thank you.

Only had the BB since the first week on the buy 1 get 1 deal so I am still learning but I do not think I will ever look back. BB's are great.
    05-14-09 07:15 PM
    Hmm. Ok so I guess it will always want me to go back to .75? And if I NEVER click Yes to that screen the BB will not die?

I am on home computer now so the only thing in the Shared folder is .132. Could there be additional OS' in the shared folder on the computer that gave me this issue?

Thank you.

Only had the BB since the first week on the buy 1 get 1 deal so I am still learning but I do not think I will ever look back. BB's are great.
    disconnect from the internet when you open DM too. if it ever asks just hit cancel.
    05-14-09 07:59 PM

Thank you.

That does not mean that it was trying to install .75. This is common with leaked OS. Chances are if you have it do the Core App update, you will not notice any changes, but why chance it. Just cancel and move on to what ever else you were going to do.

If you do not want to see the message, then do what I suggested in the earlier post.
    05-14-09 08:42 PM
    Thanks all.

I was updating my apps tonight and can definitely tell a difference. Now I just have to bite the bullet on the hybrid but which one and what do they do? hmmmm.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 05-15-09 at 09:45 AM.
    05-14-09 10:05 PM
    Go and read the findings threads for each and you will get a feel for how they are similar and different. Then pick on and try it. Although I am using 141 v5, I really don't see much difference between that and 132 and 141. I thought both of those were very similar, except for the lock bug in 141. It would come and go for me.
    05-14-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD