I will be getting a replacement storm tomorrow.

I am going to backup the old storm then run the switch device wizard to update the new one.

My question is with the OS. I am running now the leaked .113. Should I install that on the new one first and then run the switch wizard -or- should I run the wizard first.

I am assuming the wizard will not update the OS, just apps and data.

Suggestions?
    03-30-09 10:56 AM
    I will be getting a replacement storm tomorrow.

I am going to backup the old storm then run the switch device wizard to update the new one.

My question is with the OS. I am running now the leaked .113. Should I install that on the new one first and then run the switch wizard -or- should I run the wizard first.

I am assuming the wizard will not update the OS, just apps and data.

Suggestions?

Install the new OS first...And don't forget to downgrade your old phone to .75 before returning (just in case)
    03-30-09 10:57 AM
    I will do the OS first. Not too sure how to downgrade the OS, but I'll figure it out.

The phone is pretty much useless right now. The screen has cracked and is unresponsive... so about all I can do is receive calls nad use the voice dial feature.

Tomorrow cant come soon enough.
    03-30-09 11:05 AM
    I will do the OS first. Not too sure how to downgrade the OS, but I'll figure it out.

The phone is pretty much useless right now. The screen has cracked and is unresponsive... so about all I can do is receive calls nad use the voice dial feature.

Tomorrow cant come soon enough.
    Just this link out as far as downgrading your OS. Only reason why I say that is when I went to get my replacement the first thing the tech checked was what OS I was running.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...os-pix-129984/
    03-30-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD