I have added support to control the ship using the touch screen or accelerometer. Using the touch screen the ship will simply follow your finger around the screen. The new controls work really well, thanks to all that suggested it.

Wrath - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Note I will be updating Wrath with some new content in the near future. Any suggestions are welcomed.
    05-21-09 11:35 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for adding my suggestion about using the convenience key as a fire button. Makes me feel like I am playing the game now, instead of watching. It's a much more organic, old school feel.
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 05-21-09 at 12:00 PM.
    05-21-09 11:49 AM
    Thank you for the update, amazing game I love it. Im downloading the updated version right now.
    05-21-09 05:39 PM
    Great update. I would like to suggest that with touch control make the point of contact closer to the back of the ship. As is it's difficult to see the ship with your finger in the way which cuts down on accuracy. Also maybe more gun upgrades? I've gotten the machine gun one. Is there anything else past that?

One more thing. The ability to save games. Pausing in the background and using other apps is ok but I would prefer a real save. I have yet to be killed, I just end the game to swap batteries.
    05-21-09 06:08 PM
    Great update. I would like to suggest that with touch control make the point of contact closer to the back of the ship. As is it's difficult to see the ship with your finger in the way which cuts down on accuracy. Also maybe more gun upgrades? I've gotten the machine gun one. Is there anything else past that?

One more thing. The ability to save games. Pausing in the background and using other apps is ok but I would prefer a real save. I have yet to be killed, I just end the game to swap batteries.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the comment about the point of contact. I think the touch control is a huge advancement, and makes the game much more fun and unique. But, my thumb completely blocks the ship, and I find myself getting hit more often.

It would be great if the ship were pushed ahead, such that 3/4 of the front end would be showing above one's thumb.
    05-22-09 11:16 AM
    I think i am sold wrap up to wraths.
    05-22-09 12:52 PM

I echo these suggestions. Point of contact behind the ship & a save would make this game perfect.
    05-22-09 03:02 PM
    Bump for an update!
    05-23-09 06:55 PM
    I am going to be doing another update this week that will move the position of the ship more towards the back. Hopefully I will also be adding some content.
    05-24-09 05:18 PM
    Righteous! Thanks!
    05-24-09 06:58 PM
    I purchased from BB app world and there is no updated. I still have my reciept for my purchase but it doesnt so up in my App World.

BB App World sucks.
    05-26-09 07:45 AM
    Sorry the update isn't on App World yet. It has to clear the review process but I can assure that it has been submitted. It's been 4 days so far.
    05-26-09 08:16 PM
    App world = lame sauce. I'm waiting patiently though.
    05-26-09 09:26 PM
    Anyone know why after I exit this game my back light won't timeout? I have it set to time out after 20 sec, but after I exit the game it will stay on for about 5 minutes.
    05-28-09 04:51 PM
    Anyone know why after I exit this game my back light won't timeout? I have it set to time out after 20 sec, but after I exit the game it will stay on for about 5 minutes.
    Yes it seems like this is a bug. Sorry... I will be fixing this shortly and adding some more content to Wrath and then post an update. I am just holding off for alittle since App World is still reviewing v1.0.5.

BTW, I am thinking of adding support to submit a high score to the internet, would this be on any interest?
    05-28-09 05:54 PM
    I'd like a high score submit option only if there is a pause or save function. It's so difficult to get a decent score when you have to play continuously.
    05-28-09 06:29 PM
    Oh and forget app world. Crackberry store all the way!

Although I bet you'd make a little more money.

What kind of stuff can we expect from the next update?
    05-28-09 06:30 PM
    Oh and forget app world. Crackberry store all the way!

Although I bet you'd make a little more money.

What kind of stuff can we expect from the next update?
    Next release should be done by the end of the weekend at the latest. I do want to get the save game going but it's not trivial since I didn't design for it. Next release will address that and maybe a internet highscore if people want it.

Changes:
    - fixed problem with game changing backlight timeout.
    - moved position of ship forward when using touch screen to move.
    - fire mode pickups are worth points.
    - new boss fight.
    05-29-09 11:11 AM
    The app doesn't work after update. It is trying to access a secure API.
    05-29-09 07:25 PM
    My bad. Clear your browser cache and get it again. You were really quick on the draw!
    05-29-09 07:26 PM
    Gotta keep you on your toes. Thanks for the update. Forgot to say that in the last post. I'll go download again and let you know how sweet the new boss is. Any other new stuff?
    05-29-09 07:33 PM
    The new boss fight is the big thing. I have to say it might be the best fight. There is a new screen shot up. If you can't see it, try and refresh the page.

Features:
    - fire mode pickups are worth points even if you have the mode.
    - user's backlight timeout is no longer effected (bug fix).
    - BossWorm now allows shots through the head (that last little body part was a killer).
    - moved the ship forward for the touch screen control mode.
    05-29-09 07:40 PM
    I just beat the new boss. Well done there. The extra points are nice. The ship could stand to move a bit more forward but it is much better than before. I kinda liked that the worm had a mini shield. It seems a bit to easy now but it is just the first boss so it works. And I can only imagine that the new boss will be a pain when the drones are flying around too. All in all, great update. Thanks a ton for your work on it and for listening to suggestions.
    05-29-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD