I just finished updating to VZ .148 and after it finished I noticed all my downloaded programs were gone. I restored my backup from a few different dates but other than email and pictures nothing else was restored.

How do I get Tetherberry, VZ Navigator and a few other downloads I had to pay for restored.

Thanks
    06-01-09 10:52 AM
    How do I get these apps back?
    06-01-09 10:54 AM
    I'm in the same situation, and I am absolutely panicked!! I lost ALL of my applications and downloads, not just my Third Party ones, and I did the whole backup/restore process. I've upgraded my OS on multiple occasions, and I've never had this happen before. I'm doing a search, like a good little CrackBerry user, but I'm not finding anything that has helped.
    06-01-09 11:08 AM
    Okay guys a couple of things:

For the inherent bb apps check around you folders perhaps they were switched as hidden apps.

Now if they are not there, hook up your storms to your dm and see if they are on the DM app loader view. It they are there just load them to your storm.

If they are not there you had a bad install and you have to redo it again.

As for your 3 party apps they are gone; you have to go back your vendors to download in it again.

As for VZW apps just go back to VZW to load those apps again.

Hopes this helps
    06-01-09 11:10 AM
    Okay guys a couple of things:

For the inherent bb apps check around you folders perhaps they were switched as hidden apps.

Now if they are not there, hook up your storms to your dm and see if they are on the DM app loader view. It they are there just load them to your storm.

If they are not there you had a bad install and you have to redo it again.

As for your 3 party apps they are gone; you have to go back your vendors to download in it again.

As for VZW apps just go back to VZW to load those apps again.

Hopes this helps

Thanks, for the future is there anyway to backup the 3rd party apps so they aren't lost.
    06-01-09 11:20 AM
    Do a search. Someone posted a BACKUP howto. It may even be a sticky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:23 AM
    Please look at the sticky on my sig. thanks
    06-01-09 11:45 AM
    I updated over the air and lost nothing at all. Try doing a battery pull, my phone needed one to get it working properly after the update download.
    06-01-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD