Hi,

I recently bought a storm and have 4.7.0.85 software. It was working fine until today i noticed I couldnt turn the phone off......i hit the power off button and it just sat at the "wait while the phone shuts off" screen...i can touch the screen to cancel it and do other stuff....just not turn the phone off...and it just started happening today too.....all ive been doing today was some light texting.

any help is appreciated
    01-06-09 12:58 AM
    .85 is a beta, not supported by Verizon. Try a battery pull. If you want better stability go back to .75, the officially supported OS
    01-06-09 01:01 AM
    the .85 update isnt official yet, people are having a lot of bugs and problems with it. i suggest you go back to .75 until it comes out officially on verizon (i think on the 16th of january)

i have .75 and it works fine
    01-06-09 01:03 AM
    Pull the battery until it's stable again. This is a known issue with .85. I hope you didn't buy this phone new and from Verizon with .85 on it already. If you did, then they sold you a used phone and having .85 already on it is irrefutable proof that it was used.
    01-06-09 01:16 AM
    I did a complete Wipe and installed the
    .85 OS. I have not yet had any problems reported by people. My only problem is (very minor and only happens rarely) when I am watching a movie and i go to fast forward with the slide it freezes and i have to do a battery pull. Other than that my phone functions completely perfect!
    01-06-09 01:16 AM
    Pull the battery until it's stable again. This is a known issue with .85. I hope you didn't buy this phone new and from Verizon with .85 on it already. If you did, then they sold you a used phone and having .85 already on it is irrefutable proof that it was used.
    It did not have .85 on it already....i dont even think it had .75 on it but i will go back to .75.
    How do you revert to a old OS?

Thank you for the help
    Last edited by agoramilio; 01-06-09 at 01:31 AM.
    01-06-09 01:26 AM
    Does this freeze happen when u use the power off icon as well? 85 has been really stable and good to my storm but many others have had issues. Batt pulls help but if u tire of them do indeed downgrade.

Good luck!
    01-06-09 01:26 AM
    What 3rd party apps do you have installed?
    01-06-09 01:31 AM
    It did not have .85 on it already....i dont even think it had .75 on it but i will go back to .75.
    How do you revert to a old OS?

Thank you for the help
    To revert back to an old OS is the same way as upgrading. In app loader just choose the old OS instead of the new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 01:46 AM
    Hi,

I recently bought a storm and have 4.7.0.85 software. It was working fine until today i noticed I couldnt turn the phone off......i hit the power off button and it just sat at the "wait while the phone shuts off" screen...i can touch the screen to cancel it and do other stuff....just not turn the phone off...and it just started happening today too.....all ive been doing today was some light texting.

any help is appreciated
    This is one of the reasons I went back to .75. I was forced to pull out the battery and once it happened a few more times -- accompanied by a few other issues -- I decided it was better to change the OS version.
    01-06-09 06:42 AM
    I count myself one of the lucky ones! I have upgraded to.85 and have very few issues. The biggest issue I have with this BB is when out of range of a network the BB will search for a signal and kill the battery in 6-8 hours. If I turn the radio off, problem solved.
    I just LOVE my Storm!!
    PS I hated it a month and a half ago!
    01-06-09 09:41 AM
    I had to do a battery pull three times today. First it got stuck on the Verizon Screen, then on the media inserted and an hour ago I took it out and the screen was frozen.
    01-06-09 10:18 AM
    I have been running .85 since it was leaked but think I might go back to .83 unless something newer comes out.
    01-06-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD