Just did the install. DM doesn't see the phone now. It says that the connection failed. I did a couple of battery pulls as well as removed and reinstalled the DM. Nothing.

I upgraded from .75 and I've never done an upgrade to a leaked version. Anyone have any clues as to why this might be happening?

EDIT: Let me say that the DM does see my PIN, but when I try to connect to it I get the 'connection failed' error. Also, for kicks, I tried doing a restore, I get a communication error between the device and the computer
    Last edited by tonyjeto; 05-31-09 at 10:22 PM.
    05-31-09 10:05 PM
    restart windows and see if that fixes it
    05-31-09 10:06 PM
    i had the same problem, did battery pull, restarted windows....
    i just started the OTA but its going really really slow, hope i dont have to do another battery pull
    05-31-09 10:09 PM
    I've rebooted a number times... both the phone and my PC. I used the DM to do the upgrade and all was well. Starting to get frustrated with this.
    05-31-09 10:16 PM
    Go to your add/remove programs on your PC and remove any previous BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE. Then reinstall the OS and try it again. If that doesn't work the its time to delete your vendor file. Just search the forum for delete vendor file. There are a ton of posts.
    05-31-09 10:34 PM
    i had the same problem, did battery pull, restarted windows....
    i just started the OTA but its going really really slow, hope i dont have to do another battery pull
    People in other posts are saying it is now taking up to about 3.5 hours for the OTA to finalize. Be patient
    05-31-09 10:38 PM
    Just did the install. DM doesn't see the phone now. It says that the connection failed. I did a couple of battery pulls as well as removed and reinstalled the DM. Nothing.

I upgraded from .75 and I've never done an upgrade to a leaked version. Anyone have any clues as to why this might be happening?

EDIT: Let me say that the DM does see my PIN, but when I try to connect to it I get the 'connection failed' error. Also, for kicks, I tried doing a restore, I get a communication error between the device and the computer
    I am not at Verizon. I am at T-mobile. I used JL-Commander and wiped my BB.
    I started the DM. and I chose Device Software update. I was prompted by
    4.7.0.75 and 4.0.7.148 with 4.7.0.148 marked as recommended. I let it go and the DM istalled the official 4.7.0.148 in about 15 Minutes.
    While I am at T-mobile, Voice and Text was working fine. I just had to redo the whole processs to get the borwser and MMS working at BB9530 as in the link below:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    05-31-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD