Hey guys, the storm beta (touch screen compatible with a revamped interface) has gone from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1. I just got it so I can't report on any differences yet.

Pick it up at http://beejive.com/stormbeta

Enjoyyy (:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

UPDATE:
    so far ive noticed

Pros:
    * In landscape view the group titles (grey bars) extend all the way to the end of the screen
    * When you view a buddy's profile (double tap their name) theres a neat drop down menu where you can select what group you want them to be in, very handy feature
    * You can now back out of the menu where you choose your status just by hitting cancel or the back hardkey
    * Long messages don't go off the screen while in portrait view anymore
    * FB chat actually shows contacts while logged in now and it logs out properly
    * Global indicator glitch (where it doesn't show up on the home screen when you get a new IM) seems fixed

Cons:
    * Most features like select text, chat history, send file, send voice note, and show file path are still not implemented
    * Messages still don't show up when the other party initiates a new convo unless you're using the bubbles theme
    * It still costs $20
    Last edited by cslave; 05-10-09 at 05:55 PM. Reason: update
    05-10-09 05:33 PM
    I'm using this currently and so far I really like it. I have 26 days left in my trial and I'm considering paying for it

05-10-09 06:03 PM
    Has anyone else been having random reeboots since the instalation of this beta?

EDIT

Talking about the 1.9.0 havent installed this one yet
    05-10-09 08:01 PM
    Nope, haven't had that issue. I'm on 132.
    05-10-09 08:02 PM

EDIT

Talking about the 1.9.0 havent installed this one yet
    Nope, I doubt BeeJive would cause that. Try another OS?
    05-10-09 08:25 PM
    maybe its your connection settings? I had to reboot everytime i logged in using TCP or something, just use BIS
    05-10-09 09:57 PM
    Im on .75 cant update cause im on a mac without a copy of windows.

It didnt start happening until i installed BeeJive.
    05-10-09 10:16 PM
    Im on .75 cant update cause im on a mac without a copy of windows.

It didnt start happening until i installed BeeJive.
    05-10-09 10:34 PM
    For some reason, my bars dont extend to the end of the screen anymore, and my facebook chat people say something to me, and when I try replying, it says "not logged in"
    05-10-09 10:41 PM
    For some reason, my bars dont extend to the end of the screen anymore, and my facebook chat people say something to me, and when I try replying, it says "not logged in"
    Dude wut

That's the exact opposite for me..1,9,1 fixed those issues for me!

Thts really strange :/ tried a bp??

05-10-09 11:40 PM
    it works well for me
    05-11-09 12:21 AM
    has flick scroll, wow cool!
    05-11-09 12:32 AM
    Still not able to change my alert tones. Beejive is installed but does not show up in Sounds>Set Ring Tones/Alerts>Other...or in any section for that matter. I thought it was the OS but I downgraded, I've tried installing OTA and through DM and I've done uninstalls and reinstalls still same results. Anyone got a fix for this or anything?...any help is much appreciated.
    05-11-09 12:45 AM
    Dude wut

That's the exact opposite for me..1,9,1 fixed those issues for me!

Thts really strange :/ tried a bp??

No, didn't even think about a battery pull...

lol yeah, many times. It works every so often, and sometimes im connected to FB, sometimes im not. AIM and MSN still connect and always work, but facebook no...
    Still though, the bars dont reach the end in landscape. They did for my first few hours... but now its cut off... tried re-installing and all!
    05-11-09 02:10 AM
    Has the battery drain been addressed in 1.9.1?
    05-11-09 09:01 AM
    Has the battery drain been addressed in 1.9.1?
    I've already installed 1.9.1 on my phone, but I'd like to know this as well..
    05-11-09 09:20 AM
    I spoke too soon. Today Beejive started freezing up, thus making my phone very laggy. Sucks

05-11-09 01:42 PM
    For me 1,9,1 is great. No fuss in day to day usage with the exception of the missing features.

As for battery drain I'm not sure because 5,0/,141 takes its toll on my batt pretty heavily.

05-11-09 01:59 PM
    For me 1,9,1 is great. No fuss in day to day usage with the exception of the missing features.

As for battery drain I'm not sure because 5,0/,141 takes its toll on my batt pretty heavily.

The OS drains your battery? is it because its the hybrid?
    05-11-09 02:02 PM
    I posted this last week and the new version still has the receiving new im problem. Spell checker works now...battery still sucks

05-11-09 03:28 PM
    Battery life is horrible, draining very quickly, I get maybe, 12 -15 hours if i dont touch the phone at all, except with beejive

anyone having problems with facebook im? Thats my main concern, its telling me that people who arent online ARE online, and its logging itself out randomly...
    05-12-09 10:16 AM
    Biggest problem I have is screen rotation. I finally turned landscape off.

Otherwise, mostly stable. Does use mucho battery when online. But then, it's using IP services constantly. So it's to be expected to some degree.

05-18-09 02:04 PM
    Battery life is horrible, draining very quickly, I get maybe, 12 -15 hours if i dont touch the phone at all, except with beejive

anyone having problems with facebook im? Thats my main concern, its telling me that people who arent online ARE online, and its logging itself out randomly...
    The facebook problem happens on the real facebook on the pc lol. It happens on ebuddy and I'm not supprised if it happens on this.

Today is the first time I tried beejive and I love it. Only missing thing is msn nudges.

05-18-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD