Hi..

If a Storm owner does nothing to update the phone himself, and someday Verizon rolls out an official update, will it happen automatically? Over the air?

For instance, one morning will they pick up the phone and get a message "Your device has been updated"? Or, "New firmware is available...update now."?

Or will it require a desktop download?

I know updates are available here. But for those Storm owners who don't read this forum (heresy, I know) what happens to them?
    12-04-08 07:42 AM
    If you subscribe to the update in DM you will get an email notifying you of updates
    12-04-08 07:50 AM
    I appreciate the answer.
    12-04-08 07:59 AM
    If you subscribe to the update in DM you will get an email notifying you of updates
    sorry i'm a noob... but what is DM? and how do i subscribe to the update
    12-04-08 08:01 AM
    DM = desktop manager
    12-04-08 08:03 AM
    sorry i'm a noob... but what is DM? and how do i subscribe to the update
    and when DM is loaded up and your phone is connected...
    click on "application loader", then click "notification for software updates"
    then enter email add.
    12-04-08 08:10 AM
    ok, thank you!

when the official one comes out it should be available OTA right? can't wait!

my biggest fear is that it will wipe out all my apps that i spent a lot of time installed and organizing >.<
    12-04-08 08:17 AM
    but if you don't subscribe to email updates, will the phone automatically notify you of an over the air update. and will it automatically install the update in the background or do you have to hook into a computer.
    12-04-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD